They like me! Oh no, they like me....

I wait

7/14/16
 
I WAIT
I wait on the beach, by the rocks. In June she said she would return from her journey to be with me. I wait on the beach, watching the sea roll on endlessly. She is my heart’s desire, she completes me. I wait down just off the pier. Her eyes seed my heart and bring forth flowers into my soul. I wait below a shining sun. We often walked under its warm, and approving gaze. I wait in the sand. Where one day our joy will bring forth new life and it will play here too. I wait down from the broken lighthouse. Ah the times spent looking up at that beacon in our night sky. I wait by the ship. That rests out there, her ship. In the waters cold embrace. From when the lighthouse failed. I wait for my love. I know her soul is still out there journeying. I know she will still return to me, she promised. I wait…

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews