They like me! Oh no, they like me....

Dan Backslide



Click here to see my inspiration.


     Confound and cast down those dreaded Dover boys! They will indeed drive me to drink!

     Although no Dan Backslide, I am cast down to his role. Cursed to play this villainous role! Oh how I hate Tom! Oh how I despise Dick! Much I reflect on how I loath Larry!

     We are all just metaphors of life. But oh what a twisted life it is! The Dover boys with their surface virtue. And me colored in a light for which I did not purchase the bulb!

     And what of Miss dainty Dora Standpipe you ask? No less than a stand-in. A placeholder. A place to put a name on unattainable beauty. Or maybe a way to put name to the fickle fancies of the Queen!

     With categories in place. Thrown to the element of chance is fate. Drat!, those Dover boys! Oh how they confound me, perplex me, and vex me! Oh Miss dainty Dora Standpipe you will be mine one day! But for now you choose to lie in the arms of the trice damned Dover boys!

     Would that I find the key that would unlock her riches! Then I would lie in a vault full of what is surely worth more than gold! It would be mine, mine, all mine! I'd be a wealthy Miser!

     But oh how we have all been out done and miscategorized. For I am not the fiendish Dan Backslide. Nor are my competitors Dover boys. It is truly Miss dainty Dora Standpipe who is the villainess mastermind! And I the dainty!

Save me Tom! Rescue me Dick! Free me Larry!
~~~~~~~~~
Consider this a comedy. I kind of chuckled when I thought of it. Or consider this a metaphoric tragedy. I did get a tear in my eye when I converted it. But either way it's a writing exercise and purely the fault of Miss Massey for putting the thought in my head in the first place LOL

Comments

  1. I'll have to know more about this before I can comment because I have no idea
    what you are referring to or who these characters are or what they stand for.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews