They like me! Oh no, they like me....

Romance Anthology

A rose by any other name is just a flower. Not flame
My love for you did devour. Hot flame
Mutual it was not. Such shame

~~~~~~~~~

I love every hair on your head. 

Every tear on your bed that I shed.
The tire tread as you fled.

~~~~~~~~~~~

What measuring stick do you measure me with?

Is it the same stick you hit me quick?
Is it with love I get such a lick?
You have the nerve to call me a dick.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanksgiving, a day to give thanks!

Thank you for leaving me only materialism.
Thank you for stealing my heart.
Thank you for helping me lose faith.
Thank you for making my demons stronger.
Thank you for not taking blame.
Thank you for blaming me.
Thank you for the adultery.
Thank you for the lies.
Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Etc. etc.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I would never seek to hurt you. Nor you to me you plead. So many years after that promise, could you stop not hurting me please?


~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I promised love forever. I promised you I'd always cherish. I promised I'd never leave. Till one day you didn't agree and pulled magic carpet down out your sleeve.


~~~~~~~~~~~~

I gave you flowers I gave you hugs. I gave you my soul like a dove. You gave me lies and bad alibis. But I guess for you that's what love does.


~~~~~~~~~~~~

The grenades that I threw, sail through the air through and through. Then blew up your ass like confetti. The way that you bounced and flew through the air, gave meaning to the term bouncing Betty.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All around me has become like a TV show. One that I watch every hour. Never ending song and dance. Always giving love a chance. And oh so much sex in the shower. But it's just a TV show I'll stop watching it I know. Cuz the love in my heart has gone sour.
What I love most, love me least. What I worked hard, hardly worked. When I want most to give, to me was never given. When the masses say don't take it personal, it's always personally given.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I look across the table at you. I see deep into your eyes. I see what I think are your hopes and your dreams. I see the intensity. I see the Galaxy. I feel eternity. All at once I know where I belong. I know what I'm here for. And all I want to do is be a part of it. I open my mouth to speak. To affirm. To vow. To stand up and be counted.... I take a breath to calm myself... when I open my eyes I'm lying in bed. It's time to start work. It no longer surprises me. That I now even fail in my dreams....
~~~~~~~~~~~~

You know that turkey is eaten for us to live. Not really a noble sacrifice. But it is a sacrifice. And we make jokes about it, turn glutton for it. Anyone loving you is eaten by you. Still not a noble sacrifice, just a fact of biology. And we still make jokes about it. And some of us turn glutton.
~~~~~~~~~~~~

No one is concerned until after the bullets fly. No one wants to help until a celebrity ask why. No one is concern with freedom until it's theirs. No one worries about pain that is not shared. Such wonderful and beautiful people without a care.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Damage report!
Love Is Down. We're running on like power only. Confidence shields are offline. Engineering crews are reporting it's unlikely that self-esteem can be repaired. System shows we have plenty of antimatter but what we  have doesn't matter. And Captain we just lost a damage control party to that last hit from apathy! I'm showing all give-a-shit circuits are down! We're caught in depression captain.
We're out of options. All hands, this is your Captain. Abandon ship!
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Examine the term "Hopeless Romantic". Do you even recognize the word hopeless in it?

Comments

  1. incredible write. I can so relate....... check this out

    https://bluevineyard.blogspot.com/2017/03/saboteur.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews