They like me! Oh no, they like me....

Help me



I was walking along on a Sunday when I tripped. All of a sudden I could feel it slipping from my grasp. Before I could catch it, before I could react. In slow motion I watched it fall into the storm drain! Good Lord! This can't be happening! Oh my God!, I can't let this happen! You can't let this happen! Not to me, not today! Help! Help me somebody! Please!

I immediately fell to my knees shoving my arm for all it was worth into the storm drain. I could see it as the water started to push it further and further down the drain. Further and further away from me. God please don't let this happen. In seconds the crowd forms. With the closest onlookers understanding my dilemma and anxious to help. The ones farthest on the periphery enjoying the show of my torment.

Please somebody. Please oh God! It just slipped. I can't lose it, it's all I have! The closest ones to me knew that it was too late they had seen this play out all too many times before with others. I sobbed and wept openly, convulsively, uncontrollably. The kinder ones in the crowd shepherded me over to the corner where I sat and rocked back and forth. Moaning and mumbling over the loss and how it could not be happening. Any moment now I would wake up in my bed and I would still have it. And when I woke I would secure it and never leave the house again to risk the dream of this nightmare becoming my reality. Where have I gone wrong? Why, why, why!? I wale and all that can be done is the comfort of strangers.

Before long the police and ambulance arrive on the scene. There's nothing else that can be done. This is real. It truly is gone. Forever.

Okay sir could you please go over what happened to you.

Officer I was just walking over there. I wasn't thinking about anything. I wasn't doing anything reckless. I was just loving the day. And I tripped. And before I knew it, before I could do anything about it, it slipped from my grip and fell into the sewer drain and was carried away. You have to do something! You have to save it! It's all I have! You have to get it back for me! I don't know what I'm going to do without it! What am I going to do without it?!

Sir, I am very sorry for your loss. But there's nothing we can do. I've seen this happen too many times before. Once your sanity goes down the drain it's gone forever.

Comments

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews