They like me! Oh no, they like me....

Society


I am in society. I am not part of society.

I am often touched by Society. I'm no longer shocked by Society. I'm typically overlooked by Society. I've often been very hurt by Society. I've watched them play in society. I've felt neglected by Society. Parts of me have always wanted to be accepted by Society. To be welcomed and protected by a strong Society. I have fought to defend Society. Society has never rushed to my defense. Socially I stick out in society. There's a dance to it that I just can't catch the beat. Half the people I meet who say they're like me really aren't they're actually part of society. Some people are perfectly fine being outside the mainstream of society. Some people struggle with it daily. It's hard to find your place in the middle of but not a part of society. Maybe it's because Society is going down. Maybe it's because Society doesn't know what Society wants. Could it be that the mechanism inside of each of us that facilitates Society is broken in me? Am I better off, by not being one of the many faces in society? I know nobody in society can do what I do. I guess it's because I'm not convinced that's worth it in this Society. Clearly no one in society tries to see my value. Maybe if I had a giant neon sign lighting advertisement? No, I guess not, societies not that interested. Ah, maybe social media!? On second thought, they seem to be filled with Mutual admiration societies. If only I could sit on my front porch and hold hands with someone else as we watch Society. Maybe have a card party, invite a few friends over and joke about Society. I could go off the grid. Into the mountains. Far away from society. No, I don't think that I would survive outside of society. My job takes me all through Society. Most would never believe the things I see in this Society. Such funny creatures in this Society. I know I could help! If they would only.... I think I could help. 
help ...
We're losing our minds. Maybe it's just that I lost mine first and Society is catching up.

I'm in society. I am not part of society

Comments

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews