They like me! Oh no, they like me....

Without a Name


My sheets are clean. I'm clean. My truck is dirty. That really is the problem isn't it? My truck. Truck. It still has no name. What is in a name? Is not a rose still a rose by any other name?

I lie within her protection. Or is it his protection? I reach out and touch the wall. And I touch it's soul. It doesn't like to be called truck. And it puts up with it for me. Like a loving hopeful mother. Or like an abused wife standing by her man. Knowing that one day he will do right by her. And I lie within its protection knowing that I am failing it.

Oh, I know I'm keeping up with the maintenance. I know that I'm kicking the tires and lighting the fires. I'm putting the hammer down daily. Ain't I just the most poetic truck driver. I talk to her/him daily. I give thanks to God for bringing us together, daily. But yet I'm doing soo wrong.

Deep in my soul where things are given title, there is none. I know when I'm not here she weeps. When I return I see the odd drip or spot of water from an unknown spot on clear dry day. She knows her elder sister has a name. And she stays strong hoping that one day I do right by her. But deep inside me something is broken and there is none.

Much like a father with real life children at a loss. I can only lay my hand on her surfaces and send my soul to touch hers. And assure her that I appreciate even if I cannot give her a name.
~~~~~~
Much to-do about nothing you say? Maybe it's because you don't own anything. Okay, maybe I'm just crazy. But she doesn't think so.

Comments

  1. James, this write got a couple of chuckles out of me. But first let me say its ok to :reach out and touch her" but if she ever "reaches out and touches you"
    Man, that is gonna leave a mark. Lol,
    I enjoyed reading it but brother, you have got to get out (of your truck) more!!! Go fly a drone or two! Peace and safe driving to you.
    Les

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ladies and Gentlemen............And the Award for Most Emotional
    and Romantic Almost a Love Song but not quite a love song
    for a Truck goes to............* drum roll Driver James C. Ray
    and his wonderful WITHOUT A NAME ballad about the truck
    who shall remain nameless until legislation is passed forcing all
    truck drivers to name their trucks or face the consequences......
    Mr Ray, what do you have to say for yourself? 'and are you going
    to take your poor nameless truck out to celebrate tonight this
    glorious and yet pitiful win of yours??? We at the Academy of Motor
    Vehicles and Aging Rock Stars have it on good authority that you
    don't even know as of yet, the Sex of your Truck and whether she be a He
    A Her or a Trans Missionist /Genderist Truckie/Thingie who while remaining
    NAMELESS due to no fault of her/his/it's/their own would like to at least
    come out of the....garage every now and then in a new frock or even a
    new pair of hub cabs occasionally if that is not asking too much!!!!!
    * speaks in sotto voice* Oh, indeed?
    Ladies and Gentlemen, I am told that Mr. James C. Ray has declined to
    comment and has taken his trophy and his 92 quarts of Quaker Oil and hit the
    streets for parts unknown with his nameless/genderless truck. Well, I think that that C. in Mr Ray's odious name should herewith and henceforth ever stand for CRUEL, don't you agree??? So there...!!! Mr. James Cruel Ray!!! I hope you enjoy your ill gotten award and will one day be found floating in a bath tub of Quaker Oil and see if you like being Nameless and Genderless, Mr. Smarty Pants!!!! harummph!!!
    And that concludes our Academy Awards Show for this evening......Remember folks, have your pets spayed or neutered and Please, for God's sakes! Name your Trucks and let them decide if they want to be little boy trucks or little girl trucks!!!! Oh, the humanity!!!!! *Emcee is taken off stage in tears* Curtain closes. Lights out. omg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL both of my trucks are women. And my new truck name is Baby. She giggled when I realized it she always knew it. She was just waiting for me to catch up. She's understanding like that.lol

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews