They like me! Oh no, they like me....

Shout it from the Mountaintop!


Just short of the mountain top there's an Amphitheatre. I've watched many an event at it's precipice. I've seen several sermons on the mound. And I'm a regular when the wise man speaks on the Mountain top. Even I have been moved to speak at the lofty perch atop my soapbox. 

But it's been a rough couple of weeks. And the fates have been working against me quite feverishly lately. I live in a very cold empty valley. So I come to the Amphitheatre to see what or who is on the schedule. 



I checked through it. Nope, no sermons on the mound are scheduled. That doesn't mean that a deity won't stop by. They never seem to show up on a schedule anyway. And when they do they tend to run a little late. I'm prepared to wait. I have my sleeping bag, snacks, and plenty of water. The wise men and women haven't come to speak at the Mountaintop in a while. But, you never know when even they will stop by. 


But what I'd really like to see again is a speaker speaking from their heart professing and attesting to and quantifying their affection for me. 

I've done it a time or two for others. Shouted it from the Mountaintop, for the whole audience to witness. Sometimes it really does feel good to say it.


I've had family and friends do the same. What great programs they were! How disappointing to find out that they were lip syncing. Maybe I can get an Adele, you know, a little "Hello from the other side". Anita Baker, "It's been you all the time". Who knows maybe even a Janet Jackson, "That's the way love goes"! Don't laugh it could happen. But more than anything I would like to see someone shout from the mountain top that they were happy to truly know me, care about me, or just plain tickled pink to see me. Yeah, it's been that kind of a few weeks.

Truth be told I've been coming to the Mountaintop Amphitheatre all my life. And as I think about it I've done more professing from the Mountaintop for others than has ever been done for me. Why is getting someone to perform at this particular venue so difficult?



I guess I'm just an audience out of tune with the mainstream entertainment circuits. And not worth the headliners time.



Well, as I said it's been a rough couple of weeks. And I don't think I can go back down into that cold empty valley right now. So I'll just bundle up and wait here to see if any speakers show up.

Comments

  1. Really enjoyed feeling your heart in this write

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. But I hope it's not the last time.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews