They like me! Oh no, they like me....

Sleepless anthology


Stronger together than ever apart. You had my love you kept my heart. Never adjusting to the separation, the apart. Never coping with the pain from the start.
~~~~

I lost my parents one through death, one through connection.
I lost my brothers through their exclusive connections to themselves.
I lost my friends through losing the blinders that I wore for so long.
I lost my children through my failure to be a better parent.
I lost my grandchildren through my kids.
I lost my country through my loss of keeping up with the times.
I lost my mind through knowing what I've lost losing my Hope.
~~~~

I was not built for protection of self. I'm not very good at it. 
I placed my ambitions on a shelf. I'm not very good at dusting them off.
I was meant for brighter things. I'm not good at wearing my shades I was blinded.
I was always sure. I am sure that I am not confident.
I was meant to be resilient. I am not wearing well and my warranty is up.
~~~~

Evil commentary, it's so easy. It rolls off the tongue even in one's sleep. Much like the product that rises to the top of a hot pot.

But I have only to close my eyes and dip my mind Into The well of voices to hear the echoes of love. But to bring them forth they must survive the truth. And the truth is the evil commentary the poisons the well.
~~~~

I could tell you that I love you. Or I could show you.
If I showed you would you enjoy the show? Or would you call me a show off?

I could ask you to marry me. Or I could be married to you.
If I was married to you would you continue to want me to ask? Or would you say that I'm asking too much?

I could be your everything. Or I could be everything to you.
If I was everything to you would you even know what it was you wanted? Or would you even wait to find out what it was before losing me?

You know what? Nevermind I'll just say I love you the rest of it seems like far too much trouble.
~~~~

Jesus just sleep in tonight. Don't waste your time. Don't fuss, don't fight. Speak for me in the morning. While you're yawning. While God brings the day to dawning.

Jesus leave out the Angels tonight. Don't wake them. Save them the flight. Send them back around midday. Then maybe still find time to stay.

Jesus have the wise men stay home. So they might not have to go out and roam. Tomorrow I'll just call them on the phone.

Jesus for tonight a simple prayer. Just this one and I'll know you care. Jesus just let me sleep. Right now. Right here.

Comments

  1. Jesus just let me sleep tonight.........................oh Lord, this has been my nightly prayer for as long as I can remember!!! Jesus, if You love me, let me sleep. You said in the Word that God gives his beloved sleep..................so does that mean I am Not your beloved???? Show me why I cannot sleep............make me normal. Let me know how it feels to be normal. If you love me, you will.

    oh boy,Ray, you really know how to write the w ords of my heart! amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm relieved that someone seems to understand. I'm saddened that someone knows it firsthand. I wish this on no one.

      Delete
    2. Being awake in a sleeping world is the loneliest feeling on earth. When I was
      three, I remember pulling my little story book up in front of the fireplace and
      looking at the pictures all night while the house was sound asleep and feeling like I was the only person left in the world. I grew up lonely and never got
      over it.

      Delete
    3. I'm sorry to hear that. The knights you spend on your waking Island know that there are other Islands out there that are just as awake. If that brings any comfort know that any one of us that gets rest gets rest for all of us.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews