They like me! Oh no, they like me....

A Sunny Day




It must be a sunny day. It's bright. It's warm. Birds are chirping. People are smiling and creasing their eyes.

No one seems aware of impending doom or disaster. No one's bills are late. No one is wondering how they'll eat today. No one has received dire news. The Earth hasn't trembled. Aside from the Sun there are no bright incoming lights in the sky.

At the local business they're playing classical music as I sit outside. Is that Brahms or Chopin? Quite soothing as I listen to the traffic on the busy street. Happy motorist, on happy errands, living a happy day.

It is so picturesque. I dare not get too close. I hasten to even take a picture. I risk nothing to endanger this moment. I keep my distance and watch. Happy couples. Happy individuals. A piano concerto played in a key I don't know. This is a day for ice cream. This is a day for a picnic. This is the day to forget. A day to marvel at what is wonderful in life. A sunny day.

The happy people. The smiling faces, safe, and serene, calm, and trusting. No, I dare not get too close. Close enough to see the unguarded moments of darkness. The unknown mysteries of the brief look of terror. Or gain the knowledge of the last straw on the last day. Or look too hard at the sky and see the dark streak looming larger just out of focus too close to the Sun.

No, just stay as it is. A sunny day. Classical music and happy people.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews