They like me! Oh no, they like me....

Feelings

Feelings what do I do with them. It's not really a question because it doesn't really have an answer. You don't do with feelings, feelings do with you.

What does my Joy want from me? I used to be a domestic victim to Happiness. It would beat me daily. So much so that I thought that somehow I deserved it. That I brought it upon myself. Of course reinforced by the fact that Joy and Happiness would say I brought it on myself. And after they would assault me they would tell me to look what I made them do. Numerous were the times that they would invite friends like them to come and have their way with me. Sometimes more than one at a time. Love and Affection never seem to tire of using me. Contentedness was a regular visitor, even showing up when Joy and Happiness we're not at home.

I didn't suffer in silence. I told everybody. But people would just avoid me. It was as though they had heard it before and were tired of hearing it over and over again from me. Some even went as far as to say, stay in the relationship. That they knew what was best and that maybe I should take it. They never promised to stop. They never promised to stop having their friends come over. They would only look at me and smile and say I should only expect what I get from them. They said that no one would ever stop them from what they do to me. I had become naturalized to it. I came to expect it. I stopped complaining. And I thought of it as just the way things we're supposed to be. Joy and Happiness never told me there was any other outcome for me. So I had resigned myself to accept my fate. That is until one day....

An old feeling from my past came calling. It brought a group. Despair, Pain, and Betrayal were a few of their names. They came and called themselves liberators. They told me that no one deserved to be treated that way by Joy and Happiness. They said they were there to set things right. And they would see to it that Joy and Happiness would never, never get a hold of me again. The group of them spirited me out of my home. They never asked. They told me that they would give me more than I deserve. They told me that they would give me what the world gives to everyone. They told me that I would no longer be one of the have-nots. And they told me that they would be with me and surround me with feelings like them for the rest of my life.

What do I do with feelings. No, no, what do feelings do with me?



~~~~~~~~~
Yay me!

Comments

  1. Ha...ha...beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you accepted your fate as despair, pain and betrayal? How is that "Yay me?" Feelings are a spectrum. Do you want to slide on that spectrum or are you content with staying to the far left? Or is it far right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol the yay me is sarcasm. As for the rest, I accept them as they come I mourn them when they leave. As you may or may not know feelings have their own agenda. Lol

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews