They like me! Oh no, they like me....

Gender Forgotten

Gender identity, what a wonderful way to say I don't know what I am. So much hubris to think that after thousands of years civilization was wrong. Look Mom? I insist you acknowledge what I say I am today! I know I was something else yesterday. Mother Nature must be turning over in her natural grave.

I can't. Sometimes I can't. I don't want to. I can't want everything. You're only trying to help. But you can't help what you don't yourself understand. What's the importance of having a gender in an empty room?

There is no bottom to this, because there is no top. There is a segment of society that is neither happy or sad. It is a segment that is alone. Some do not need it. Some do not want it. Some have had too much of it. But still there is that segment that is alone.

They want what they see in the department store window. They want the dream that dreamers dream. They desire what they have no skill to acquire. Because they live in a world that does not truly believe they exist. How do you truly help the forgotten? Well, you could remember them. But if you could they wouldn't be forgotten.

Not really a woman or man. Neither fish nor fowl. Not animal or vegetable. What use is a title when no one remembers who to attach it to?

Give me your unwashed masses yearning to be free. In the arms of mankind there is always a place of welcome. In the land one may go without food and shelter but one will never go without love. Think of your fellow man, lend him a helping hand. Put a little love in your heart. Justice for all. How many slogans can you name? How many gender forgotten have you marched over in your pride parade?

Life on Mars? What gender will it identify? Or did it die when it identified as forgotten? Gender forgotten don't truly die. They don't truly live. Even they, have forgotten how.

Oh I know they'll be a campaign formed to raise money to heighten the awareness. A Kickstarter campaign to fund a program. Government legislation to protect and help those unfortunate. Anything and everything but the one thing. To be remembered. The Rainbow Coalition will claim to be tolerant of everyone. The all-inclusive banners will fly high in the summer sky. The celebrities will make speeches and we'll all pat ourselves on the back.

Gender Forgotten. Until you're remembered it doesn't matter what you are. No one remembers that they want you.

Comments

  1. This one is a different post.What made you write these thoughts dear friend?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking about how self-indulgent people have become. In their seemingly drunken naming conventions to change their sexuality as the wind blows. As though that's the answer.

      In the fact that they say if you acknowledge what they make up on the Fly it's a form of empowerment and they will be free.

      Meanwhile everyone ignores a segment of the population of which I am a member. No one cares what we identify as. No one cares if we're free. I'm just really sick of it. Or maybe I'm just too hurt by it. Either way same outcome.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews