They like me! Oh no, they like me....

Rise



What does it mean to rise? There is the simplistic definition of increasing in altitude. The Pedestrian definition of waking up in the morning. And last but not least there's always the religious definition, of ascending to a higher level. So what does it truly mean to rise?

For me the word rise alone is infused with power. I have a friend who's going through a family crisis and everytime I think about him I think the word Rise. And just the resonance of the letters leaks out and I can feel it. I envision the family going through this tough time and as each one of them come together the power grows. And although the sadness does not dissipate their ability to wade through it infuses them.

To rise to meet the opposition. To put on the armor of your faith. To stand in determination against the waves that would slam us to the rocks. To face the storm in defiance! Not for victory, not for defeat. But to say, I make my stand here! I see the family Rising! Through the tears. Through the pain. In spite of the heartache. Facing forward not collapsing backwards. This is what Rising is to me.

Everyone doesn't agree on how the battle should be fought. Everyone doesn't agree on how many weapons are to be brought to bear. There is no unilateral agreement where to strike the blows and make the stands. But retreat, surrender, or capitulation to the darkness and despair is never parts of the equations. This family will rise!

Maya Angelou wrote "Still I Rise". Her words were moving. I look out over the roofs of the town. I know I won't see the family ascending to the heavens. Nor will I see any of the townsfolk who are rising to meet their challenges. But I know as I speak the words, I can feel what they are feeling. So I Rise. So I survive. I fail. I fall. I cry. I hurt. But still I rise.


~~~~~~~~
For my friend Leslie he too shall Rise!

Comments

  1. James, I am deeply touched by your words. They lift up my spirit when it just wants to lay upon the earth and feel the weight of its saddend soul
    They have inspired me to raise my hearbroken soul, from its prone and grieving state of self pity not just for myself, but for the many others in my family who are also earthbound by their greif. Thank you for sharing thesevinspiring words .words that have opened my clenched eyes to anotherpath . A path of pourpose and the strength to rise back up and and help all my brethren to do the the same. . I owe you a great debt my friend.
    I am in awe of the power oy your words

    Les

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I lift you up, then you lift me up. Then someone else will lift us both up. Thereby creating a low pressure zone beneath us which in turn lifts everyone up.

      You're welcome be safe.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews