They like me! Oh no, they like me....

Stand and Fight!

"Running may help for a little while. But sooner or later the pain catches up with you. And the only way to get rid of it is to stand your ground and face it." ~Captain Benjamin Sisko

This is how I do it. It's the only stand and fight I know. It is my line in the sand. It is my Iwo Jima. It is my Alamo.

My pain was never far behind me ever. And my pain is no amateur. Were it not for the target I would say that my pain is awesome! Without targeting physical objectives. Without destroying financial logistics. My pain has managed to bring down a great Personal Nation.

My adversary has managed to block link up with friends. And destroy bridges to family. Although the intelligence community contens that the family and friends were never truly allies. They have surmised that since none of their nations wher ever at threat by my pain, none felt the need to involve themselves in what they saw as an internal conflict.

The enemy has managed to flank the last defensive position I have. I couldn't run now even if I wanted to. I am walled up behind the parapets. The guns of the artillery are firing non-stop now. There is no break between dawn and dusk. My pain knows that this is the last stand.

The enemy is at the gates. The body pieces of my self-esteem line the trenches. The hope medics run a nonstop convoy to and from the medical stations. In the eyes of every face that still stands to defend it is not hope I fight for. It is not holding out for the cavalry that I fight for. It is not for faith that I raise the flag.

I have no plans for success. I know of no tactic that will ensure a breakout victory. As in all of humanity the struggle goes on for the most basic of reasons. 
I don't know how to do anything else.

Here I stand I can do no more.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews