They like me! Oh no, they like me....

The Old Adage


I am reminded of the old adage. 

"If you had talents somebody would know.
If you had worth somebody would care. If you were missed someone would be there."

All the kind words in the world won't change that. All the optimism in the world won't make it better.

"If you love someone let them go. If they don't return they were never yours."

The words defy logic, science, and common sense. They fail on every level of reality. Better to say:
"If you love someone let them go. You cannot control them and like the wind they blow."

"He may not come when you want him. But he will always come on time."

Who in the hell is HE? I know some people who are no longer with us that would beg to differ. You may say it was their time. At which point you prove my case. He wasn't on time. (Yup I still believe)

"Love with all your heart. Give it freely."

Even in a prisoner exchange they only let each one go halfway and passing in the middle. No one gives up his assets first.

Much like our legal system we love to pay lip service to a methodology that we don't actually operate under. The foolish are the ones who haven't learned the duality. The lonely are the ones still waiting for it to work.

I watched the sunset before the supernova. The warmest light to ever wash over. When I die put coins to my lids. So not to see gentle breeze that I hid. 

I'm okay, don't worry, go play. It's just that melancholy is my kryptonite and I will not fly today. Once said to go sailing no more. Then promised another open door. Just wait all things will pass, the law is the law.

The sun is playing peekaboo. Somewhere there is a newborn looking up at the sky and God has decided to play. Babies are hard to resist and say no to.

What if Adam and Eve we're children? And they had to leave the Garden of Eden when they grew up? It would still be Eve's fault. Women mature faster than men and Adam could never live without her.

I am sitting in a restaurant and eating food that at once makes me question my belief but hold fast to my faith that this too shall pass. Why do I continue to eat here? Simple, mankind loves to tempt fate.

Not the best things I've ever said nor the best things I've done. But isn't that life, this day just another one?

Comments

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews