They like me! Oh no, they like me....

The Wave

I am to be hit by a wave. I am not unskilled at such things. I am not new to the phenomenon. But it is a massive wave. A Tsunami of emotion, singular in it's existence. I know that I will not ride over the crest of this one. I will not surf it's landward side. As it rises above me I know that I will be taken under.

It started well offshore. As they tend to do it was deep. It was triggered by a fault line that was well-known. I was aware of the underground event. I ready myself as best I could. Time has passed and now I face it. This mountainous wave of despair.

Leave me to deal with this. It cannot be explained to people who have not seen it. It cannot be understood by people who refuse it. It can be survived. But I must be free of the insults that I would receive from people who do not know what kind of help to provide.

I will be taken under. There is no way around it. For this despair you must go through it. As many times as it comes to take you, you must be taken. Just another cycle of life. Another aspect of the not so pleasant side of things.

There is no promise of brighter days. No promise of time. No promise of being made stronger. Only the inevitability of the wave. Massive, eclipsing, dark and impenetrable. A wall of depression and despair that would take the very life of a lesser person to behold for the first time.

I am to be hit by a wave and I am defiant.

Comments

  1. I can understand my friend.
    Many time we hit by such waves..It is very horrible when we can't understand even painful moments.
    When I feel pain,I think, I live.
    But when waves of unknown and strange neutrality stike brain,don't know what to do,where to go..a kind of strange but calm and tranquil madness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had a dream once in which I was sitting in a little car facing a long road filled
    with obstacles. Logs, blocks, trees, rocks, every thing you could think of filled the road. I remember crying out to God and pleading "please dont make me go down this obstacle course, please!!!" But God said nothing. So I proceeded forward through the obstacle filled road lined with many tall trees and after starting and stopping several times, I realised that the only way to proceed was to go Through. Not Over, Under or Around but
    Through. And I did so and as far as I know I am still going through the obstacles and have not reached the end yet. So I think you are correct in acknowledging that you jut have to go through it and do it. I don't however agree that there is not something wonderful waiting on the other side of the course. there is always something there waiting to counter the bad that we've gone through. Otherwise, what is the point?
    A good write.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What's the point? That is a very good question. If you know the secret code word I'll tell you. LOL thank you

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews