They like me! Oh no, they like me....

Atrocities


I didn't want to write this. But they said it would help. If nothing else we should write down our atrocities so that future generations never forget. Stay ever vigilant. The media lies, pain is real. And the only lesson that you'll learn is that there are people out there that will really hurt you.

The memory of it still haunts me. Huddled in the corner, clinging to the shadows. Hoping it would end if only for a moment. I couldn't breathe. Every breath burned my lungs. Sitting on the cold concrete floor. In my own little world, a 10 x 10 cage of my universe. Looking at signs of long dried blood and bits of decayed flesh. My flesh, my blood.

My bruises and cuts never having time to heal are fresh and oozing, putrid, and a smell that I had long become accustomed to. My teeth broken and shattered lying just outside of my cage, outside of my reach. A blackened piece of flesh marks the entrance to my cage the last thing of me that was taken before I was left to rot here in this cage. My tongue. It had said enough, and no more would be heard from it again.

Even now with my bones incorrectly set. I remember the fear of huddling and trying to protect my limbs, what was left of what some people playfully called my Humanity. Sitting in what had become my darkened universe of 10 x 10. Staring up through the bars at the cold night sky. Just wishing the small comfort of knowing how, why? I'll confess to anything. I beg forgiveness for everything! Just give me a chance to breathe.

No one came. No one cared. I didn't exist. Just another in the nameless sea of faces. Just one more bit of mortar in the brick wall of someone else's happiness. Oh, how I suffered, only to be told that wasn't pain, that it would do me good, that I would learn soo much. That which does not kill me. That it would fade away...

What has it been? 3 years? The worst atrocity I personally will ever know. The day you told me you never loved me... Gathering up my garments, I rise with the help of my cane. Feeling my way across the bars, I limp to the exit. As I clear the threshold that my tongue once guarded. I turn empty eye sockets to my 10 x 10 universe. And hum happy anniversary to me....
~~~~~~~~~

Why?
Because what has me wont let me go. I will never be free. I will never be whole. Because I can't leave this place, it wont leave me.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews