They like me! Oh no, they like me....

The portrait




There's a portrait in my house that was left by my ex-wife. I remember it looking better. I remember I use to like it. But I was looking at it today and oh my God it's Dreadful! However the artist or whatever the artist was thinking of, the lines are awful. Even in the eyes as defined as they are, drawn and painted they are ghastly. The look on the face is... let's just say what was he thinking? It makes me feel sad for the model. What am I saying? No one can look like that. This artist's imagination would put Van Gogh to shame.

I haven't really looked at this portrait since she left. I really don't remember it looking quite so bad. The more I look at it the more sad and depressed I feel. That would be just the kind of thing she would do. Leave me with this portrait. Much like a dog takes a shit on someone else's lawn and trots away in triumph.

I really don't want this painting in my house anymore. I'm ashamed of it. I'm ashamed that I kept it. And I would really hate for anyone to see it. I allowed her to give that to me. To leave me with that hideous thing.. But I really don't know how to get rid of it.

I really don't like that mirror at all.

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Give me a break, James! I merely meant that only you could
      write something so witty and with the twist at the end that we've
      come to expect. That's so you.......a pure and complimentary comment.

      Delete
    2. Alrighty then.......now let's all sing a chorus of "She'll be coming
      round the mountain when she comes...." or maybe "Zippity Do Dah"
      or "By the time I get to Phoenix" by Issac Hayes. You start.....

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews