They like me! Oh no, they like me....

Just a Distraction



It's all just a distraction isn't it? It's just all busy work to drown out the constant need. But there are times when the need is all consuming. Coming from everywhere incessant. And you have no answer. No recourse. No salvation. What distraction do you find then? It's a crushing weight. It's a curse to your ears that comes from inside your head. It's pain and the ones who can stop it don't. The ones who feel it can't escape it....

All the world a Stage. And I but a fool who plays. The part I play is but a distraction. For I stand a throne of pain. I fear even death will be yet another short distraction from my perch. A sunny day is remembered only dimly in my memories. All is ruin around me. Far from my time a touch. Distant in my halls, laughter. There is no Day to save this Knight.....

When I was a warrior I always had my duty.
When I was a father I had my children.
When I was a husband I had my love.
When I sit alone now I have no defense....

Before the first sunrise, I loved you.
Before the first cloud formed, I loved you.

As firm as the ground you walk, I love you.
As firm as the stars in the sky, I love you.

Like lungs need air, I need you.
Like sun's need fusion, I need you.

Like the physics of a black hole, I can never Escape....

~~~~~~~
I came across a letter from a lost Angel today. Funny how potent she wrote only to deny it in the future. Sad how my words always stay true.

Comments

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews