They like me! Oh no, they like me....

To live beyond the Hooray



Hoorah, Hooray!, so much love in just one day. Who am I to say? Who else could I be, I'm Ray.

Tickle the band, go play in the sand, gather up a loved one and walk hand-in-hand. No better laid plans of mouse or man. Lay for time in the Sun for a tan.

The grass is so green. The sun is just right. So much joy and happiness, oh I can't wait till tonight! We promise tomorrow and things beyond sight. We skip and we dance someone else will make it right.

Ice cream. Ice cream! There must be ice cream this day. There must be cake too! For that is the way. No carbon footprint, no Russian collusion. No need to bother your toes with where you put your shoes in.

There's always better. Let's run let's play.
Hoorah, hooray a ticker-tape parade today!

Is that where you all are? Is that what you all do? Is that the town or village or just state of mind that you all reside? Where you set your demons loose and then go run and hide? And scream it's not your responsibility when they don't abide?

Are you to sane to see past the horah? Or am I just too insane to live after the hooray? It's all falling apart. Can't you see? Maybe it's best that you don't. Maybe it'd be best if I didn't. But I did and it burnt my lids.

A death here, a child in pain there, a slap, an injury, some betrayal, and then you have it. Just down the side street of the parade the blight creeps in. The ticker tape confetti turns gray as it hits the ground then cloggs the gutters. I know, I know, that's just life. Is it? Is it really? Yeah, I guess it is.

I was asked once what do I want? Pretty stupid question actually. I want what any man who screams into the dark wants. I want to stop screaming. I want revenge. I want the world to know that I was Ray. And I wanted to live beyond the Hooray.
~~~~~~

I really do have a lot to be thankful for. No really I do. Why don't you believe me? I'm very happy. Why won't you believe me! There are people with so much less. I have everything. Why do you look at me like that? Damn you, you never believe me!

I really do have to stop talking into this mirror.....

Comments

  1. Interesting perspective dad. As always, it give you something the think about.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews