They like me! Oh no, they like me....

George's requiem

I heard this song for the first time tonight. What pain he must have felt. What loneliness must have slipped through. How sad, how very sad. He won't be the last. They did not go when he went. And they will never pay.


~~~~~~~~~


What a requiem. What a parting word of sorrow. Till the heart is free tomorrow. Too long everlasting fields of Morrow.

No, they won't go when I go.

Sweeps to long undying lands. Dead feet stuck in Dead Sea sands. Brings to mind severed hand, off tomorrow is my land.

Where I'll go.


Friends would weep but friends I don't have. Black Crows guard my tomb to Morrow's land. All I wish is selfish plans.

Where I'll go.

Jesus take my hand and shook me. To your father's house from where he took me. I'm not washed so long overlooked me.

Away from tears.

I'm a sinner soul unfound. Fix me warm place upon the ground. Turn your face from me no more. There are no more open doors.

No one can keep me.


Stumbled across your righteous and blessed Souls. Of all the riches they did hold. None to be shared till days of cold.

From my destiny.

No protection from beautiful ones. There every move blessed from the one. I but just a cursed one.

No, they won't go when I go.

Till my dying days. Pain to face placed many ways. Cold is the Sun that shines its rays.
~~~~~~~


Far away from jilted eyes go I. Till one day my sun will rise. On that day great surprise. Family friends loved ones arise. Far far from this hated place. With fruited trees and birds to chase. My God bid me welcome to this place. Rest from all my worries clothes of golden lace.

But till then my tormentors chase. No, they won't go when I go.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews