They like me! Oh no, they like me....

Love is a Battlefield

"Strength can be found in a muscle. But heart can only be found in the soul."

I am spent by the weight of both. I cannot do this. Stricken from history, denied a future, the unjust banishment. NO!

My Heart Cries Out! I love her! I have always loved her! I will always love her! There is no war, there is no conflict that can ever tear that from me! I will damn any God who stands before me and that fact!

I may die in this hole, on this rock. But I will not die on this unholy rock denying that. I will find the strength to rise. I will find the strength to fight. I will find a way to make it known that a man who loves fought this battle.

In the dark cold clay like mud I find the rifle. Littered among the bodies of souls who have given up and relinquished their devotion I find their ammo. I ready myself. I pull out the locket and again affirm my devotion for my reason to keep up the fight. I read the inscription and draw strength.

"Roses are red. Violets are blue. I will love you forever. Till death takes me from you."


I seal and secure my holy relic. I rise from my hole screaming defiance! Modern day avatar of a long ago title, Ronin. 

I take aim and down goes doubt. 
I love her! 
A bayonet to the throat of infidelity. 
I love her! 
Grenade in the foxhole of fear. 
I love her! 
I cannot be stopped, I cannot be denied, I will be known.

I never saw the sniper. I never knew about the high grain rejection, full metal jacketed round. Aimed with a high-precision deceit scope.

In the midst of my declaration I did not feel it when it punched through. I could not feel the cold. I did not feel the ground as I laid and watch the light grow dim. I sought for my locket, and reached for my relic. I could no longer read the words. But I could still see her face.
I love her.
I did not see the sniper. Why didn't I see her?

Love truly is a Battlefield
~~~~~~~

We are young
Heartache to heartache
We stand

No promises
No demands
Love is a battlefield

We are strong
No one can tell us we're wrong
Searching our hearts for so long
Both of us knowing
Love is a battlefield

You're begging me to go
Then making me stay
Why do you hurt me so bad
It would help me to know
Do I stand in your way
Or am I the best thing you've had

Believe me
Believe me
I can't tell you why
But I'm trapped by your love
And I'm chained to your side
~Pat Benatar

Comments

  1. I'm very glad you liked it. Or at least I'm assuming that you liked it. That is typically what wow means LOL

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews