They like me! Oh no, they like me....

A day in Memoriam

Original post 5/27/17
3 years ago it was close to Memorial Day
A day in memoriam. Do I think my country is always right? Hell no. Do I think our leaders always lead us right? Are you drunk? Would I want to live anywhere else? Not in this lifetime. I've been to other countries I know the truth. I've talked to the people not to the media. 

Remembering those who served and didn't make it back. When we say we honor our soldiers fallen and standing what does that truly mean?

Lone Sentinel stands the wall from time to time sometimes they fall. A society grows because he arose. To fight the battles to carry our woes. Some like me made it back. Some like others fell in attack. You say you honor I question do you. In morning roll call I never knew you. 

You say you honor the ones that fall. If that's true then stand the wall. Take his place, mark your pace. Show that his honor has a place. Or is it talk that you're full of? You're full of too much peace you rise above. Try to remember you rose above because of one's that lost their love.

A point-of-view has a cost. Or is that also something that you lost? Man or woman we're open now. Thank you for your service? Really show me how.

Some may serve and some may not. The ones I'm talking about know what's what. A day of Memorial. A day in memoriam. Sometimes I feel it's just another day. And I mourn my lost brothers and sisters alone...

Comments

  1. Wow. that was powerful. You know I totally forgot
    about Memorial Day. I haven't known what day it is
    since 3 months ago. I've always done something special
    on Memorial Day. But the last 3 months have seemed
    like one long weekend. 4 yrs ago I was in TN decorating
    all my family graves. Now several of those I was with then
    are gone. Happy Memorial Day, Sgt!!!!! Salute!


    https://youtu.be/pRGd0wI2tm8

    God bless America!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have met only one other soldier besides you that served and he came back too. Syria was his destination at only 22, I was grateful he made it back, yet like you, he was upset he was not asked for the greatest sacrifice when others were. I for one am grateful you both have touched and guarded my life. Thank you Sargent James C. Ray 🦸‍♂️
    You are my hero. 💜

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews