They like me! Oh no, they like me....

Testify






I've been too long in this. I've been too long to say this. But I want to testify. 
Of course I was born in a broken home. With Mother, Father, Brothers, but still alone. Deep in a Valley of tears. Of dark regrets. Days of pain and more regrets.

Up on the mountain top. That's where I'm going, so I won't stop.

This is all wrong. This can't be right. Nothing but hustle pain and strife.
I rhyme now. I die now. Tell me why now?
In the Shire they dance and sing now. But why all they care about is the bling now?

Up on the mountain top. That's where I'm going, so I won't stop.

I can't fix the things that broke this time. I lost my way, I lost the sign.
I can't say I'm sorry, the mistake wasn't mine. Still my deliverance declined.
So much I can't justify. I'll stand up tall, I'll testify.

Up on the mountain top. That's where I'm going, so I won't stop.

Praise the Lord, and pass the gravy. Banquet of salvation, Forgiveness horn of plenty, Promised Pan of plenty. To want of so few. One, just one. One promise, One lesson turned myth turned back into reality. Just one for me.

So much I can't justify. I'll stand up tall, I'll testify.

For love to be as I was taught and not as it is. For it to be finally where I find it. And not somewhere across a distant sea or miles away from me. For no more excuses, for no more lies, twisted alibis, contorted conjurings, mythical beast biting! For it to come and touch me on the shoulder and me to know it's come for me. Just one. Just once. Just forever.

So much I can't justify. I'll stand up tall, I'll testify.

I can't save anyone. I can't help but try. You made it so. Why? If I die of the plague or I die in time. Does it matter to you which road I find? I've come now to fear the light. I've come to the conclusion to fear what's right. I can't save anyone. I've nowhere to run. Up on the mountain top is where you shine your light. So that's where I'm going I won't stop.

So much I can't justify. I'll stand up tall, I'll testify.

So many in pain. So many like me. No answers. No salvations. No futures. The Valley of shadows are full of evils. So many in pain. And me in pain alone. I hold out my hand and feel the cold. I can't, I can't cry again. And the convulsions start. Am I not a son of Adam? Am I not a child of Eve?

Up on the mountain top. That's where I'm going, so I won't stop.

This is all a really bad dream. Too much popcorn. Bad horror movie. French cuisine. I'll wake come sunrise. On a mountain top, my companion with beautiful eyes. My friends will come by and we'll socialize. I'll tell them about this dream, I'll testify. The joy I was always promised the Sun I had always seen. Down in the valley there's no use for me. Up on the mountain top that's where I should be. Help me there, I'll make you see. I'll take you with me and there we'll be. In joy you and me. I can't, I can't cry again! Help me stand. Gravity I must defy. I'll stand up tall, I'll testify.


Up on the mountain top. That's where I'm going, so I won't stop. So much I can't justify. I'll stand up tall, I'll testify.

Comments

  1. So beautiful and sad at the same time. I wish I knew the secret of choice, I wouldgive you the recipe. I made my choice long ago and it made me blind, yet I have been called fortunate in my blindness. I was offended at first because I didn't fully understand the meaning untill recently. Like a Psalm somewhere, you made me see. Now, I wish I could make you blind too.
    M.R.J.😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The eye that was open saw the knives on the wall. But now it's closed and I still know the knives are there. I'm blind now.

      And the walls are closing in.

      Delete
  2. Dont forget the little ppl, lest you forget the peace of your peace of the mountain top and gather with cursed masses.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews