They like me! Oh no, they like me....

The words well up

Original post 5/23/17
The words well up in me like the gout. A painful uncomfortable feeling until I let them out.

Of her beauty I cannot speak for my words cannot touch. But of my reactions I have words enough.

Oww, you see what I mean? It builds and builds until it's unbearable. And I reach for a pen in desperation.

Like dawning of a sun filled day after a rain filled night. Her arrival like wings to my heart. Every breath a cherished accomplishment.

Argh, this, this is insipid to any goal or reason, this pain. I can't write fast enough. How do you spell this word? Rhyming takes too long. Lord my voice recognition software can't keep up!

My breathing goes unnoticed for her beauty breathes for me. To know that for decades wishing that she is real. She is here. I am no longer dreaming! It's worth my passage from this world to the next.

Pain for the sake of pain while my spirit plays extortionist I must write. I must witness. It's been held silent too long. It rebels now. The pain..

Her beauty is such that I am a new thing now. I fear if she leaves I will no longer be able to breathe without her in my life she has become my sustaining sun....

Ahhh, it has passed for now... Sweat drenched I rub my aching joints and rub my red weary eyes. I'm left drained. Hostage to a spirit that demands to be heard, demands an opus! But I am just me. With but the tools that I have. I doubt that the entire encyclopedia Galactica could do better....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Asked:
Why do you write? 
Answered:
Why do you breathe?

Comments

  1. Encyclopedia Galactica, James???
    Ya'll don't have no Britanicas down there?
    And btw: what in the Sam Hill is a " Britanica" anyways??!!!
    good write, JayRay. You'll be happy to know I am now a single
    poet again. The war has been fought and nobody won. sigh. 🤍
    But then does anybody ever???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I know this was hard for you but it's done. Now you have to look forward to your "What comes next"

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews