They like me! Oh no, they like me....

Once Upon a Time. In a Restless bed far away.......

Original post 6/1/17

Turn down the lights. Turn down the bed. Turn down these voices inside my head. 

I wonder who she sang about? I wonder what ended her life in the light? What made her give up her bed? 

Lay down with me. Tell me no lies. Just hold me close and don't patronize. 

Who was it she was so desperate just to lay with? Willing to hear the truth from? Who was it to hold her just for the sake of holding her? 

I can't make you love me if you don't. You can't make your heart feel something it won't. 

Who is she willing to accept the truth about? Who is she willing to console on their lack of feelings? 

Here in the dark. In these Final hours. I will lay down my heart and I'll feel the power. But you won't. No, you won't. 

I'm beginning to see. This Is the End. Is this her offering? 

I can't make you love me, if you don't. You can't make your heart feel something it won't. 

I understand... Bonnie never wrote that song for her. She wrote it for me... How did I ever miss it? How did I ever let it come to this? Why was she so cold? Tell me Bonnie what now?

Why!?, why!?!?, Lady!?!?!

Comments

  1. Wow, was not expecting this flash back...Yes, all of it yes. 😪 1991. I will never forget that feeling of hearing this for the first time while going through exactly what she sang about, the world stopped.. He loved me, until he didn't. Is it harder to say it? Or harder to hear it? Oddly enough and because we live in your alternate universe, we just spoke about it last night too. 🤔

    ReplyDelete
  2. The saddest song ever written or sung. I saw Bonnie do this
    in person once. amazing but so unbearably sad right now....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew it was over. Not because I wanted it to be. But because she put her mask down, and I was no longer human to her.

    I laid with her one more night wishing that it would be, I'd wake up a dream but knowing that I would just wake up. Knowing that one more time the cycle of life had cycled me out.

    Holding her listening to her breathe just wanting to scream. Don't leave me! If there was a kind God he would take you in your sleep. He would take you before reality woke you to the truth....

    The story is different for everybody. The pain is slightly different here and there. There's never any one way to get past it or come to grips with it. But turn down these voices inside my head. Lay down with me and tell me no lies. Just hold me close, don't patronize me. I can't make you love me, if you don't.

    I can't stop loving you because you don't. I can't make my heart stop believing something you never did. Here in the dark in all of my hours. My heart will burn with unrequited love and I'll feel the power. But you won't. No you won't.

    Because I can't stop loving you, because you don't...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this song is sad now and always, it's so poignant and true. And you are right James, the pain does differ slightly here and there, some can get a grip a move on at least in the "simply move" sort of way and life eventually goes on. And then there are times when you will hear a certain sound or smell a particular smell that takes you right back to the one spot of either joy or pain and it's like you never really moved at all.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews