They like me! Oh no, they like me....

The more things change

I can feel the warm water of my bath and immerse myself in the healing water. But wait, this is not the true healing waters, for they are in the ocean where life began. 

I can put my hand on the ground and feel the beat of the Earth. But wait, that's not the true beat of the Earth, for the true Earth lies miles below me.

I can raise my hand to the sky and feel the wind. But wait, that's not the true wind, for the true wind is in the jet stream miles above me.

I can Journey out from the space station and embrace the vacuum and immensity of space. But wait, within the gravity well of the planet and the Sun I will never truly be one with the vacuum and immensity of space.

Will I ever truly know what it means to touch anything?
I lay my hand to your heart and lips, but wait.....
To be continued.

The more things change the more things never changed at all
~~~~~~~~~

Today's nonsensical question:
How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie roll pop?  Let's find out shall we?

Comments

  1. Nonsensically, the owl clearly said 3...

    Everything changes; everything except human nature. That is immutable. And no matter what changes around the human, the human does not change his nature. We can however evolve to some extent. We can chose to be right, or we can chose to be kind and make progress.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews