They like me! Oh no, they like me....

One of us has got to go!

 cog·ni·tive dis·so·nance 

/ˈkäɡnədiv ˈdisənəns/ 

noun 

PSYCHOLOGY 

noun: cognitive dissonance 

• the state of having inconsistent thoughts, beliefs, or attitudes, especially as relating to behavioral decisions and attitude change.

According to this theory, when two actions or ideas are not psychologically consistent with each other, people do all in their power to change them until they become consistent. The discomfort is triggered by the person's belief clashing with new information perceived, wherein they try to find a way to resolve the contradiction to reduce their discomfort.


You fear me because you do not believe in me. You seek to tear me down, to tarnish me, because my existence is an affront to your reality. 


To what is it that I owe this adoration? When Adam came forth he took the stage. He took the Eve. He took. My kind went their own way and watched the sons and daughters of Adam corrupt what they called reality. 


We did not seek the stage. We did not win the Eve. We sought only our own way. Our own reality. Now thousands of years we have withered and gone beyond. Passed into dust. Known to the creator but turned back on our plight. And still you fear me. 


Yet there you stand son of Adam. Lord of this reality. And what have you done with it? What have you truly created? Is it the game of your own destruction that you endlessly play at? Am I yet one more reminder that the reality you claim your science and your world upon is truly just an illusion you have created for yourself?  Now that you have destroyed the magic, laid waste and buried the myths, the unicorns. Am I now your last conquest? 


Who will you gender swap me with? What diversity will you use to rewrite and reboot my story? I do not pity you, son of Adam, nor daughter of Eve. I pity me for staying long enough to see what you have done with reality. I know I will not be missed in your midst. You never accepted who I truly was while I was in it. What a waste. What a misused creation. 


In your reality, time is linear so it is with that, that I ask that you go ahead. It is time. End this and me, so I may join the truth and wash away my time spent following a lie.... 


And with that the sons and daughters of Adam and Eve destroyed the last of his kind. And they laid him to rest in an unmarked grave. But they knew what the tombstone would've read had they placed it. 


"Here lies another of the Creator's children.  Last of his kind. Treated unkind. Lost to no peace of mind." 

Selfless Sacrifice

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


 I know, not one of my best metaphors. But if you knew the story as I do maybe you would see it better and fear me less....


Comments

  1. I don't have a clue what this is about but it's brilliant writing. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you liked it. Suffice to say after writing it I had a real life non metaphor conflict with someone who suffers from Cognitive dissonance in the worst way. Lol it was not fun.

      Delete
    2. I try to only allow my dissonances to go incognito.......lol

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews