They like me! Oh no, they like me....

We're all monsters


We're all monsters we just don't all eat our own. 
You see, it's the pretty ones. The entitled ones. The self absorbed ones. That do the most damage. They can't conceive it any other way. They can't conceive for a moment that that's your blood between their teeth. Your flesh dangling from their lips. Oh, how darling they are as they proclaim their innocence even while coughing up one of your smaller bones. 

And let's hear it for the lowbrow. The challenged. The obtuse. The stupid. The ones who never understood why you cried so much as they bit into your most tender of flesh. The ones who pledged to help not realizing that's not what they were giving. The ones who could not see past their immediate needs for your better future. The ones that will go down in infamy as never thinking there was a problem to begin with. 

Let's have a parade for the performers. The actors. The thespians. The fakers. With their well crafted stories and minstrel shows made quite the dinner show of feasting from you. There sleight of hands, eyes, and mostly lips would lead anyone to jump directly unabated into the mouth of the beast. With a somersault and a half twist tuck as they clap on their way down the gullet. They bask in the glory of the feat. They take their bows and curtain calls even to the sound of the cheers of those they will eat next show. Bravo, Bravo, magnificent! Bravo, Bravo, Magnificent! Encore Encore! Don't worry there will be.... 

But let us sit up straight and dress ourselves appropriately. For there are the self righteous ones. With their common sense to their massacres. With their logic to their decapitations. Of course the math that works it out only works out in their favor. But never let a small thing Like that stop one of them. You should be thankful that they have decided to do this for you. For your mortality was heavy on your shoulders and they only thought to do what they thought best for you. Oh, they are righteous. Never see it any other way. Because they won't. 

There are so many groups of them. So many clans and sub clans. From all walks of life and all civilizations and cultures. Some sharpen their front teeth to better cut through whatever they bite. Some,  raised to chew thoroughly through whatever it is they choose to dine on. And then there are those who prefer their meals whole and unmolested.  There are the ones that like their meals tenderized. So they torture them and make them feel every misery and agony they possibly can so that they willingly submit and surrender to their fates. 

Which one am I, you ask? While the answer can clearly be debated. I have vacationed in all the prime locations. I have needs. I have wants. I have fears. And most of all I have shame. But none of that points the arrow to where I belong. Surely none of these places can be called my home. I've reached out to others to come and be a monster with me. But it would seem that monsters seek a tune of their own playing. So no monster unions for me. 

So in the mornings I wake and stretch and think of something someone to eat. But then in the end I lose my appetite. It would seem I just don't have it in me anymore. It really is more trouble than it's worth. Sometimes they can give you such indigestion and gas. 

But my lack of ambition to do what monsters do, does not save me from what monsters will do to me. Dog-eat-dog, survival of the fittest. And oh how those dogs seem to be fit! I barely get away from one before another is hot on my heels. And sometimes their family. Lol whoever said life was fair. I could hate myself less and accept the heritage of a monster. But then who would I be? Who have I become now that I do not cry for my fate? What a dream and such a wonderful placid fantasy to be in the midst of monsters who would defend me while I vacation from my nature. 

To lie at night with the lights off with arms around that say to the demons and the monsters, not him! You can't have him! He's with us! To talk and play with others who choose not to eat you. To then... At some certain private time... When the need is great... And the ritual needs to be performed. To have that special one... Look forward to you, devouring them. So they can come back and say, "My, my, but you are a hungry little monster..." 

We're all monsters. We just don't all eat our own.


Comments

  1. Amazing write and blog!!! The things you come up with! brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I say thank you very much I hope you know I mean it.

      Delete
    2. I think I know but I'm not quite sure I know what I think. ha! 😁

      Delete
    3. I hear that a lot. I used to think it was funny but after a while you cry more than you laugh.

      Delete
  2. https://bluevineyard.blogspot.com/2017/04/face-of-monster.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews