They like me! Oh no, they like me....

The Chain


 Listen to the wind blow


It used to be peaceful. I used to hear birds. Why is it so loud? Why is it so empty? Why is it the rasping, dust biting, and blowing that loves me now?


Watch the sun rise


This was promised to be a time of rebirth. A new start. But even as God stretches out across the land on this day, it's as empty and hollow as the day before. The day before. The day before.


Running in the shadows


How do I hide today? How do I escape the echoes that won't escape me? This is how they escaped. This is where they operate. The shadows comforted them. They comforted her. Why won't the darkness comfort me?


Damn your love, damn your lies 


This is the definition. This is how it's practiced. It's cursed! It's haunted! And I believed it every time. I still want to believe it...


And if, you don't love me now 

You will never love me again 

I can still hear you saying 

You would never break the chain 


The pain I can't let go. The pain that won't let go of me. I can still hear the promise. I still believe the lie. It still whips me like the wind. It still binds me, the broken chain.


Listen to the wind blow 


I used to hear laughter. I used to hear sincerity. Now only bluster, bloviating, and words used to blow empty cutting wind straight through my soul. Listen now as I pray to go deaf.


Down comes the night 


God abandons the scene. But his counterpart is just as oblivious to me. No rest. No sleep. No end.


Running in the shadows 


They skitter only in the dark places. And all the places are dark. And they all come for me. This is how they all got away. This is how she got away. This is how they come for me. Running in the shadows. Only in the shadows. But all is in shadow.


Damn your love, damn your lies 


This is not how I was told of love. This is not what you promised of love. I believed. Every time. Every time. And you smiled. And you smiled. And you smiled.


Break the silence 


I said nothing. I feared everything. I prayed that it was a mistake. I pleaded that it would be a joke. I dared not speak out. I wept silently. I huddled in the corner and shunned my own defense. Too late I learned. And then I screamed. Oh, how I screamed...


Damn the dark, damn the light 


I'm a servant of the abyss now. The night brings me no reprieve. The day brings me no rebirth. The Gods and Devils have no use for me. Plaything to demons am I. Driven mad by your voice echoing wind. By the skittering demons that only move in the shadows, only in the shadows. All is shadow. Vacant sunken eyes that can only see what has already played out time and time again. Chaped dried and broken lips, that can only mumble the same useless phrase over and over in madness.


And if, you don't love me now 

You will never love me again 

I can still hear you saying 

You would never break the chain 


I carry these broken chains. I'm bound by these broken things. I've cut and torn my wings. I've lost my voice to sing. So many lies on broken rings.


and if, you don't love me now

You will never love me again

I can still hear you saying

You would never break the chain

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews