They like me! Oh no, they like me....

Shoot 1st ask questions later

If you're too young to remember either of these principal players then you are too young to understand the sheer diversity of horror that we are capable of. Sit down and be quiet, you may learn something yet. 


Shoot 1st ask questions later. It's a strategy. Not necessarily a good one, but a strategy nevertheless. Why in heaven's name would the moonbase commander shoot before learning what he was shooting at? Why didn't the Jupiter crew attempt to communicate? Why must we take into space our worst attributes? 


Imagine had they met they could have given each other solace in both of their drastic plights. Considering the two divergent technologies surely they could have helped each other out. Both only trying to get home. 


Much like us here on this planet far away from the depths of space, we shoot 1st and ask questions later. We feel attacked but lack the ability to communicate. It's my opinion that we love to miss judge above all else. It's our church, it's our chapel, it's where we pray to. Even with some of our vastly different knowledges, experience's, technologies, think what we could accomplish if we only avoided the fate that fell to these two groups. One walked away the victor without ever knowing the souls that were dammed by their lack of communication. The other, due to their aggression won't be walking anywhere. Their journey and adventure ended in one bad decision without reprise, forgiveness, or redemption. 


When I meet you I will keep my weapons on safe, but at the ready. I will keep my mind on communication, common ground, and a curiosity to learn. 


Learn who I am. Believe what I tell you. Ask questions of what you don't understand. Judge me for what I truly am. A traveler. Somebody who can comfort on a trip. Tell me the wonders of your story and I'll tell you the wonders of mine. Maybe we'll decide to story and wonder together. 


What's that you say? New contact identified. Weapons inbound! 


So much for humanity. RED ALERT!! Raise shield! Unsafe and ready all weapons! Target their engines! Fire all weapons! 


Must it always be this way? Oh well, one moon base down. So many moon bases to go.

Comments

  1. Well that was different! True and different. Jack Knife, you
    are so clever....btw: did a little edit on the last episode today. V

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll stop by and check it later. and Thank you. I am quite strange I know. lol But there is a code. A link to what happened. Sadly the people connected don't care so wont see.... Oh well, off to the next moon base!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews