They like me! Oh no, they like me....

Valentine's Day in dust



Valentine's Day what a wonderful day 

Demons love the holidays. Make enough mistakes in a lifetime and they have unlimited resources to pick from depending on the occasion. You don't even have to be the one to make the mistakes. Mistakes made to you seem to work just as well if not better. 
Valentine's Day what a wonderful day 

Much like that scene in the movie when you get to go back in time and relive or replay a moment that you know in your heart would have made all the difference. But at the end of the scene everything turns to ash. You fall to your knees and cry. But because the demons power the scene there's nothing you can do to stop it, change it, or blank it out. The demons are in control. They've been at this since the dawn of time and they're very good. 

Valentine's Day what a wonderful day

If you're a real person that means you have real feelings. That means your demons are all too real. The things read about in the Bible, horror movies, and other disjointed nightmares.  But most of you only think that you're real. Which is why the advice given typically comes out,  "Just don't think about it." "Just get your mind off of it." of course these things are good advice. Your demons where never real to begin with. A construct of a fantasy you deeply desire or wish to play around with, so you can brag to your friends about your hard dream. 

Valentine's Day what a wonderful day 

I fell into a hole once. I struggled and fought my way out. But I made it. 
I fell again and I called out for help. I struggle and I made it out.
I was met with an army of people telling me how I never had to struggle alone. How they're all here to help me. And they went into a rousing rendition of lean on me.  They picked me up and helped me adjust my clothing. They pushed me back in a hole. 

Valentine's Day what a wonderful day 

In the hole I'm faced with every situation without recourse and it always turns to ash in the end. My throat is raw from crying out for help. My clothes are wet with the sum of my tears now cold. Above they still sing lean on me. After half a century I figured out, the singers are my demons. A phone full of text messages once a year or so,, "If you need me." "I'm here for you." "I will get back with you as soon as I can." "I don't know why you feel so sad." "Always a friend." "Lean on me." The demons are in control. They've been at this since the dawn of time. They are very good. 

Valentine's Day what a wonderful day 

So this holiday I deal with the scenes that I must. The ones by my hand and the ones gifted to me. And in the end I will watch them all turn to ash.. Valentine's Day what a wonderful day...... 

They are very good.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews