They like me! Oh no, they like me....

Fool of April



I didn't start to live till I met you. 
I didn't live when you left. 
I loved you, so you killed me. 

I am ill equipped to fight like this or linger so long so hard. 
I've spoken blue a friend, to you. 
I have left no trump card. 

I'm at the end, no one to send. 
No wrongs or fences to mend. 
My soul though troubled is cleansed. 

I was the singer, I was the heart. 
Even now I play my part. 
I wrote my stories I posted my art. 

I was compelled even when I fell. 
For an easy way I'd never sell. 
Even though to lose is to burn in hell. 

But that's the point isn't it?, to fall in love and never quit. 
To stake your claim and that be it. 
To be worthy, to be fit. 

As sure as another season. 
As regular as the leaves turn on Maple. 
As regular as a dietary staple. 


To be a Fool on the 1st day of April

Comments

  1. Lol I understand what I wrote I don't understand what you don't understand. Hence my hence.. lol

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews