They like me! Oh no, they like me....

The Damnation of Chai

The Damnation of Chai


I just had Chai tea laced with Yoo-hoo.  And now the outside world just seems a little more scary.

It's no longer the heat of summer. It is dark when the sun is still up. Dogs ominously barking in the distant. Oddly no cars no people. Nothing but the occasional lonely wind blowing the window panes.

I dare not peak out the door. I dare not break the seal on my sanctuary. Where would I go? The Shaolin Chai temple will surely never grant me safety. I have disgraced them.

I have done the forbidden.. I have become unclean. I am now liken unto the black arts. I have broken the 7th seal.. All manner of demons will now be unleashed upon the world. And I have done this.

Like all whispers of the devil. It wasn't as good as Satan sounded it out to be. But I was weak. His words sweet.

Now I must pray for forgiveness. I must repent. I must be granted mercy.. For I have tasted Chai tea and Yoo-hoo.....

Major and minor demons and the Angels that battle them have put to rest the eternal battles to watch the outcome. What manner of curse have I placed upon me and my household? What rescue of chariots do I dare pray for? Could God himself for-go me even this sin? Even when he did not save Eve and Adam from an Apple?

I say to you now, I am sorry. I pray on my knees, mercy! I grovel prostate before you, forgiveness! What must I ask before you to be given back my grace?

I do not see the black feathered wings of the Archangels. Nor do I see the satin white of the Harrold's. Everyone, every being, every spirit, sits in distant silence from my arrogance. In my head I hear the constant but distant echoes of "Woe be upon him who would do such as this!" But I fear it is only my conscious that curses me so. For in the heavens they sit in Council this night. Against me I fear there's been formed a concave. And as such I fear the conclusions of the gathering.

The two elixirs should never have been in my sanctuary together. I knew this. I court fate for lack of discipline against such aggressions. Though no excuse it had been a difficult season. I sought through the passages and writings for a comfort. Upon finding none I heard the whispers of the demon. I wailed against it. I cursed it back to the hole that it had crawled out of. But when that hole turned out to be my soul I broke.

I no longer disdained. I no longer resisted. I lost my wisdom, my strength, and my grace. I think I may have lost my mind. I drank first the one. And then added the second before the first had been drained and the cup re-sanctified. I gained no comfort. I was granted no peace. And now I beg for mercy and forgiveness.

For I have done the unthinkable. I have drank Chai and Yoo-hoo

Comments

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews