They like me! Oh no, they like me....

Tusk

 


Something about the trumpets. When Hannibal crossed the Alps in the amazing feat, bringing with him the elephants I imagine there were trumpets. Elephants were made for trumpets.


Something about the drums. They were made for processions. Large groups marching as one, staying in time with the percussion. With the leader at their head. Processions need drums

Something about the chant. Always starting off slow. In a rising tempo and volume. A deniable message at first. But growing in base soon becoming undeniable. Sweeping you up in the knowledge. Messages come with chants.

Down from my Alps. Successful from my argues journey over nature's greatest obstacles. Astride my mighty war elephants! The trumpets blare out! My soul and chest swell with pride. Hear them slice the very air we breathe. Heralding my great feat and accomplishments yet to come. They blare from everywhere and nowhere at once.

And the drums. The drums. Listen as they pound an unstoppable rhythm to the actions of your very legs. Almost as if the foot falls of the elephants we're banging the beat. They raise their heads. They swing their tusks. Their trunks even mimic the trumpets!

It's then we all notice the chanting. At first mumbled. Unsure. But steady. Seeking agreement, consensus. Finding it, redoubling. Clearing, strengthening. Blasting out it's message, it's truth.

And I am swept up in the procession. Trumpet flare, drums beat, and the crowd chants! Don't say that you love me! Just tell me that you want me! Just say that you want me!

My heart is near bursting with the pride of the procession. Astride my mighty elephants. My mighty feats laid behind me as well as in front. I record every sensation. For in this moment and this time, I may never see its like again. The chanting reaches its crescendo! DON'T SAY THAT YOU LOVE ME! JUST TELL ME THAT YOU WANT ME! JUST SAY THAT YOU WANT ME

I have no idea what village I've come with my procession to make announcement to. I have no intended or unintended opponent. But by God! I have this. Even if it's not enough. I have this....

And the trumpets blare. And the drums beat. And to chant repeats. And we march on..........
Don't say that you love me! Just tell me that you want me! Just say that you want me!

Comments

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews