They like me! Oh no, they like me....

Valentine's Day reunion




Valentine's Day, how long has it been? Still up to your tricks I see. I've watched you. I've seen the intricate webs that you weave. Why won't you weave them with something more lasting?


Mortal hearts are little more than whims. Their declarations little more than flights of fancy. You know this more than most. They diminished you from a lifetime. Down to a mere day on the calendar.


Yes, it has been awhile. I more remember the longing rather than missing what I longed for. What you weaved in me, did you ever leave it as strong for any other? But, I suppose a web of that strength is hard to come by and even harder to spin.


No, Valentine's Day I don't miss you. But please stay awhile and talk. Until I miss you, more than the pain of longing for you.



Comments

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews