They like me! Oh no, they like me....

The Truth

 

Prologue. 

I came across this video by accident today. In the opening scenes I immediately felt my heartbreak. By the end I was a sobbing wreck. Hiding red tinted eyes from the various truck drivers who looked my way. Here's why. 


The Truth. 

She wasn't graceful, quite clumsy in fact. Her legs due to poor circulation, even poorer muscle tone, very bad varicose veins throughout, lack of stamina for anything truly athletic. Poor eyesight due to some kind of stigma. A tendency to say some of the stupidest things. The list goes further than I need to go into so I digress. But this is the truth.


My Reality.

I won't lie to you. I saw that. In that same way we say all women are beautiful. All women are Queens. What I saw was as a fuzzy vail. With my other eye she was spectacular! Much like the women in the video. She was beyond elegant. Beyond Grace. She seemed to float anytime she moved. Her legs were supple and long and it was all you could do not to reach out and just touch them. Early on she had sent me a picture of her legs and I literally cried on the phone with her. On a hot summer's day in San Antonio she took a picture. In that picture she's in that same kind of soft fuzzy lighting as in the video. She's always around it, that soft lighting. Her features pristine and perfect. Oh, I can see the truth. But if you saw behind that vail words would fail you. She fancied herself a dancer. Oh, this wasn't true. Being far too... no matter, for what I saw was incredible even beyond the video. There is a video of her dancing on vacation that I dare not break open. I dare not post. For with that same eye others would storm the gates! Even on the last day. What I remember most is not the truth, it's my reality.


Epilogue.

She never believed what I saw of her with my other eye. She never understood how I felt when she danced. She never saw the soft lighting that lies beneath the veil of truth. The more she moved, talked, the closer I came to the brink of insanity. I said it many times to her. But even fewer here believe it's possible. The Truth is not always The Reality that fuels your life. I would give anything to have my eye see that reality again....


Cuz Uptown Funk won't give it to me! Don't believe me, just watch!


All this from a YouTube video? YUP!!


Comments

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews