They like me! Oh no, they like me....

Seasons of Vision

 


The seasons of vision has come. All hallowed Halloween. The remembrance of Thanksgiving. The coming together joy of Christmas. The hope and new resolutions of New Year. 


The seasons are not promised to be joyful. Only promised that they would come. What will I see in these? 


Looking upon mankind there is only a great wailing and gnashing of teeth. They drive like a force of nature to the cliff that they are determined to go over. None may stop them, they are  inevitable, predestined, unstoppable. 


Looking upon the firmament the wonder and new wonders daily, with the knowledge that they will never be reached. They are unattainable. 


Looking upon the spirit and the knowledge of the strength and depth. Then being blessed with the knowledge and the loneliness. It is unbearable. 


All sight given but faith lost in a  forest full of no trees. Darkness rings my eyes. Darkness corrupts my vision. The seasons of vision has come and I cannot see. 


I dare not lift my sword to fight. For my friends and foes appear as one. I dare not open my heart to care. For even friendly demons would not be kind to me. 


No tears, the darkness dries my eyes. No pain, the corruption deadens my senses. I am zombie to it all. I am comfort to the violations. I am lost long ago. 


Why do I still have hope? Why do I still dream of clear vision? Why do I still question when the answer'er has long ago departed from this realm? 


Is it the pitch and tar that I await to be applied so I can be burned in effigy? The morals say that it is self-inflicted. Funny how it is they who apply the tar and light the torches. Siding with them is only one of my very many mistakes. 


But in this season I will make ready the empty Temple. I will give thanks for it could be worse. I will cast the spell of indifference but I will still care but for what I will not know. I will give the gifts that I am moved to make. I will then dream the dream of a new beginning and resolve to not let it go. 


Then the mortals will light me and throw me upon the prior to burn once again, and again, and again.... 


May I be forgiven in Elysium.

Comments

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews