They like me! Oh no, they like me....

My Angel




It's funny somehow, I called her angel.

Goodnight my angel, time to close your eyes
And save these questions for another day.

But there were never any questions. There was never another day.

I think I know what you've been asking me.
I think you know what I've been trying to say.

I really did think you would be asking me. I really did think you understood what I was trying. God help me I really did think.

I promised I would never leave you.
Then you should always know.
Wherever you may go, no matter where you are.
I never will be far away.

And I never did. And you should have known that. But wherever you may go I will now always be far away.

Goodnight my angel, now it's time to sleep
And still so many things I want to say.

So many things I've left to say. So now I'll never sleep to wake to say.

Remember all the songs you sang for me
When we went sailing on an emerald bay.

Remember all the songs I sang for you? Now all the songs I sing alone.

And like a boat out on the ocean
I'm rocking you to sleep.

Never again, the blissful sleep for me.

The water's dark and deep, inside this ancient heart.
You'll always be a part of me.

It's cold inside dark water. Frozen my ancient heart in fear. Because your cold heart will always be a part of me. My angel

Comments

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews