They like me! Oh no, they like me....

2 Far gone


In the stillness of night. An eerie calm surrounds me. Too much time to think. Too much time to remember. Too much time to hurt.

The contrast between people who speak of the light. And then to compare to my experiences. Too much. There is no one, not even the wind to speak to now. I remember another night like this. Another silent deathly night like this. On a Legion of nights like this. The night before the beginning of the end.

I remember, lone sentry overwatching another ending. Where no one, not even the wind would speak to comfort. Nor understand enough to speak. How sad that I find myself again waiting for the dawn of yet another end. I loved her, I loved him, I loved them, I loved it, it doesn't matter. It never matters, when you sit shiva again and again. And again you sit in the stillness of your loneliness and loneliness by definition doesn't speak, comfort, or hold. And yet it's there. Speaking in silence. Comforting in the cold still. Holding in a grip of nothing.

All of mankind make circle around you. All of nature is nature to all but you. All of the deity's are great and powerful but do not know you. Too weak to speak all ignore you in the eerie stillness. It is in the stillness that sadness and anger grow. Fed by the hopelessness that water's them. 

Too many nights like this. Too many ends.
Two days to go. Just the Two of Us. You and I.....

Comments

  1. And I feel a fearful feeling on reading this.
    Beautifully written!

    ReplyDelete
  2. James, nice write , ye of old should not forget, "One door closes, allowing the next door to open".

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews