They like me! Oh no, they like me....

Nothing at the cost of you

Life is a journey of finding yourself. And there's a cost for finding yourself. And I find with all that I've become and all that I am, that cost cannot be you.

I found that I like vanilla ice cream. And I've grown so much fonder of rice and green foods. I seek different kinds of thrills. I've developed a different taste in music. I have turned my back on many materialistic things. This is the cost of change. But never at the cost of you.

I've had friends come and go, such loss. I've had lovers in and out of my bed, misadventures undercover. I've even had family members be less than familiar. But never any change at the cost of you.

Some people value personal growth at the cost of others. Some people value selfish pleasures at the cost of others. Some people value the opposite of what most deity's call for at the cost of others. I don't see it. I'm morally against it. The faith of my God would admonish me for it. I cannot see my way past it even for my own benefit. I wish I could. Nothing at the cost of you.

I've read some legends how the Skywalkers go in and out of the dark and the light sides. At the cost of their midichlorians. There was even the legend of the Avengers who won through the cost of a few lives. General Zod made his stand for his race at the cost of his life. But I can never envision any battle worth winning at the cost of you.

No child left behind. California or bust. Success at all costs. Damn the torpedoes. No mountain high enough. No bridge too far. A life is too precious. Love above all else. There is good in everything. Absolute statements and absolute lies. But, nothing is worth the cost of you.

One thing I've learned at the cost of my happiness is that the cost is only as valuable as the person who values it. Nothing at the cost of you.

Comments

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews