They like me! Oh no, they like me....

A Promise made to ourselves

They don't actually believe in the joy they sing. Their only joy comes from proclaiming in the face of others with less. We are all missing the mark. In our journey to rise out of the bucket some are unable or unwilling to pull down those who are willing to step on us.

There is a promise of a better place. There is the dream of a better way. We have dreamed and promised for so long. Is it even true? When the paradise of the next is so much of all that is left, what then? How long can you stay spiritually naked and cold before you go into the house of mystery beyond?

There is a God. I've seen him. But he didn't see me. He created mankind for that. And Mankind is anything but. Strong ones standing small. Weak ones standing tall. I have reached out to hold up. But even I have missed the mark. Even as I fight to control the judgments. I do so from within the mob and the mob fights to control nothing.

There is a promise of a better place. Far far from here. I have dreamed of making this place a piece of that. Is it even true? How long do I try? How long have I tried? How long do I stay spiritually naked and cold? How long before I'm welcomed into the house of mystery beyond?

What is the truth of this reality? There are more that need than those that have. Is it the few that fuel the many? Do my many tears fuel their happiness? Does all the pain and suffering put frosting on their cakes? Does the balance ever come due? Rarely does their well-wishes ever become well actions. And then yet, another cast to the wayside to be forgotten.

There is a promise of a better place. A hand to take and guide you far far from here. The siren call to the shore. A paradise where there are always ones to see you. Ones to hear you. All who care for you.

Long enough and pain becomes a new thing. Long enough and you can no longer taste the color of life. Long enough and you see how the joyful few hurt while dancing on the many less. Long enough and you will see the unrelenting torrent of Darkness. Your Darkness. Long enough and you too will lose your way and be taken under. Long enough to find reality is just another leaf blown from an autumn tree.

There is the promise of a better place. A promise older than time. A promise forged far far from here. A spiritual Sun that always shines. And ethereal place of rest. Band of merry brothers, beautiful soul filled eyes. Playful laughter, joy to be heard and wonder to be seen. A promise. A promise... I begin to suspect.......

God Rest Ye weary gentlemen, let nothing you dismay

Comments

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews