They like me! Oh no, they like me....

Desert winter

Winter in the desert can be a very cruel and harsh place.

At times burned unrelentlessly by a punishing sun. At times whipped by an unrelenting merciless cold.

I held the notice in my hand. As the delivering envelope was born away on the sand infused winds of cold reality.
No, no. no. God no....

This can't... Stop that! It is and I must face it! Pain and loss clutching at my heart. Breath in short gasps as though a lack of oxygen filled the air. There truly is no mercy. This truly is an eternal hell. You need only to read this letter to know the truth in that.
Noooooooo!!!!!

Why am I Sacrificed? Why must I bleed? Save me! I scream to the wind. But the wind howls back in denial. Protect me! I yell to the people. But I am the strongest in the land. Shelter me! I yearn to the sand. But the sand shelters no one.
AAARRRRHHHH!!!!

This is my conclusion without epilogue. My dusk. My end of fellowship. My death's bed.

I reach for the letter born to me the previous day. I see the horror unholy through my eyes. That my mind had already perceived. I embrace the moment now with tears.
Truck payment $2,500.

Paycheck $2,300.

Winter in the desert can be a very cruel and harsh place.

Comments

  1. James, James, James!!!! I feel ya, bro! smile

    That was a twist I didn't see coming.....

    I would wish you a Happy Valentine's Day but.......you know....
    😍🥰😜

    So.....Happy Friday the 14th!!!!!!! 😎

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No one ever sees the twist coming. They're so twisty! LOL.

      Delete
  2. True dat!!! You know, if I ever write anything without a twist
    at the end, that will be the ultimate twist at the end of one of
    my writes...cause no one will see that coming cause there's always
    a twist at the end of my writes, right? Gee, I didn't see that coming!
    I only meant to type: you're right. they're all Crescent Rolls in
    the minds of twisted people. (like us) but I got detoured by a shiny
    object and an ooey gooey crescent roll full of melted butter.....or
    something like that.....it involved butter I'm almost sure. I love butter.
    Make of that what you will. Butter cookies are good. Butter beans are
    delicious. But they are not made of butter, only beans. There's a twist
    for you.......Butter beans are not actually made of butter.....hmmmm
    Who knew? I could rave for hours on this subject so I'd better end this now
    in some un-diabolical un-twisty way. So I'll leave you with this......

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acINSAamb8o

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews