They like me! Oh no, they like me....

Spheres

Today's science lesson we're going to discuss Spheres.
The sun like a god projects a sphere. A Heliosphere. The power of its output. The awesome magnitude of his existence protects everything within its purvey from most things in this universe. It projects so far out that it took a man-made probe more than 40 years just to reach it's outer perimeter. It affects us all. Unprotected it will kill us all. And like real life we all ignore it.

And then there are the planetary bodies. The people of the solar system. Some with very active molten cores. Generating intense magnetic fields. Some with very active and charged atmospheres. Comparable to people's optimism and love and other things that drive them. These magnetospheres protect them from all the intense effects of the Sun. Filtering them down to a manageable life-sustaining level. (For a few)

Then there is Mars. God of War. Fourth rock to the left. The red planet. The place where the invasions are always written to come from. Something happened long ago and it's molten core went cold. Soon after it lost its magnetosphere the sun blasted its atmosphere into deep space. Irradiated the entire planet. Its surface grew cold with no atmosphere to blanket the heat in. It's free standing water evaporated. And what was left froze. Never having much mass it never could hold on to to much of anything. It's one moon Phobos is an erratic pint-sized of an orbiting body. Earth only studies it because of the convenience of its location.

Spheres are not a guarantee of life. But they are a beginning. They are not always perfect. They are rarely ever impenetrable. And they vary in strength from time to time. Their efficiency can be boosted by atmosphere, nearby bodies, and other factors to which we are constantly discovering and rediscovering.

From time to time some Earth like body send a probe to figure out why I lost mine. Maybe because they fear it could happen to them. Maybe because they have a theory as to restarting mine. Or maybe they're just nosy or bored or whatever else passes for entertainment to these heavenly bodies. They look with their telescopes and make their plans. They launch their probes and put them in my orbit and sometimes they crash. Some of them land their probes on my surface and sometimes they crash.

I am home to the largest volcano in the solar system. It was once a great upheaval that no other planet has ever suffered. I have had a ripping of my surface so great that I have canyons that can fit states inside and never show them to level ground. So great is my turmoil that to open water to my atmosphere is to watch it boil and simultaneously freeze. An event that can typically only be replicated in a lab. I am the closest to the earth like bodies. But yet it takes months to reach me. My sandstorms blow for months and block out the very Sun. My sand and dust get everywhere. I am red from particles of rust as the iron in me corroded. Tears? I've been told my soil is poisonous. Too much salt. Tears? I am not so much a planet-sized mystery. I am just distant to reach. I am not particularly much of anything anymore.

I see you, cousins. I see your spheres at work. I am happy for you and at the same time very envious. I have seen the Rings Saturn. No life but joy. I have seen the stormy eye of Jupiter no life but large and protecting. I know of the murky veils of Venus. So mysterious so sexy. And of course Mercury. Blasted and scoured but still there. Much like me.

Watch me with your telescope. Promise me to your lovers. Keep me as a goal you dream of. Boast of sending your colonists to bring life back to me. Worry not for no aliens will leave here to invade you. Mercy for me in your dreams to never forget me. Hope with all that I mean to you heavenly bodies. Do one thing for me to bless me for the remainder of my time under this heliosphere. Mercy, that you grant me this one thing.....

Stop Crashing Your Probes into Me! They hurt! They make a mess! 

I have enough dust around here to keep me busy for millennia. I don't need your trash to add to that! And whose bright idea was it to send a nuclear-powered RC car to make tracks all over the place and irradiate the place worse than it already is! Just because I don't have much of a protective sphere doesn't give you the excuse to throw your trash my way. I mean just look at your own, you haven't explored it yet. But still managed to poke holes in it. Yes I mean you Yolanda. LOL

I think it was the three wise men Bell, Biv, DeVoe, who said "Never trust a big butt and a smile." I think it could be said "Never trust a big Sphere and a smile" also. LOL

Comments

  1. LOVE IT!!

    BUT, it's not a regular RC! This one does wheelies, flips and it's all terrain...lol
    Also, trash? and Yolanda?🤔🤭

    I always hope for a deeper understanding of those around me especially the fascinating ones. Not because of fear, I actually fear very little. It's part of my process in which I go through things and then can move on. Sometimes it takes me a little longer, yet have never failed to move. Why? How? I don't really know, it's party of my blinding gift I suppose. I wish it for everyone on any scale. MRJ. 😘 "big sphere and a smile" I like that

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL what in the world makes you think I meant you? LOL insert Sinister laughter.

      Delete
  2. oh geez!!! What a mind you have!!! I started to ask you where
    you get this stuff but I know where you get this stuff...same place I
    get this stuff.....ha! This is just wonderful. I just posted some poems
    on bluevineyard so people woildn't think I had been crowned Queen
    of Corona and gone off planet where all good poets go when they die...
    check out my Synchronicity write....... The Stone Who Has Lost Her Shine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. reading and commenting as you speak

      Delete
    2. good fella!!! *pats head........
      Well, it's Friday night!!!! Closest thing
      to a Party I've had in weeks!!! Whatcha got to drink
      round here???! May I have the next dance?

      Delete
    3. https://youtu.be/wwHi10qX8u8


      oh heck, yeah!!!!

      Delete
    4. I feel like bustin' loose! You feel like bustin' loose??

      Delete
    5. let's slow it down now for some Old School slow jams....
      DJ Voo in da House!!!!

      ( I am a DJ, btw)

      Delete
    6. https://phantomtexter.blogspot.com/2020/04/dancing-in-moonlight.html

      Delete
    7. https://youtu.be/rqqAnjY2Rmo

      get down wit cher bad self!!!!

      Delete
    8. evidently I be dancing by my own bad self!!!!
      but I don't care........I'm dancin'!

      Delete
    9. Just dancing dancing in the moonlight

      Delete
    10. now I'm SLOW Dancin by myself!!!! That's just sad.
      https://youtu.be/CKXVOywj7T0

      Delete
    11. sometimes you just have to, sad or not. The feeling must be felt and the dace is the exhale

      Delete
    12. https://youtu.be/e84E1yGQMyk

      but like Whitney said...I wanna dance with somebody!!!!!
      lol

      Delete
    13. dang! that DJ be playing some jams!!!!
      https://youtu.be/BQ4jWVon4iE

      Delete
    14. That song is a real message to ears that don't hear it.

      Delete
    15. If you think your lonely now.........

      Delete
    16. beer drankin', slow dancin', fightin' and makin' up song, no?
      How do I know??? Oh, I KNOW!!!
      (and I don't even drink beer)

      Delete
    17. To bad the pepole who need to hear this the most NEVER feel lonely and now why

      Delete
    18. https://youtu.be/MoaceIZxaao

      for you, Ray Ray.........haha uh huh

      Delete
    19. Are you drinking and driving????!!!! lol lol
      Put that spell checker on E nglish, man!!!! rofl jk

      Delete
    20. nope I'm home. I meant know why

      Delete
    21. got any special request before the Curfew Cops come kicking
      us out of the joint??? You gotta curfew in your city?? Ours is 9 p.m.

      Delete
    22. Nope here in El Paso we still free! lol

      Delete
    23. for real?? a friend of a friend of mine was caught out 9 minutes after 9
      and had to spend the whole weekend in jail!!!! so humiliating!!!!

      Delete
    24. This is Texas, we don't play those games here

      Delete
    25. well, I guess this party is over. It's been fun. Thanks
      for playing with me...........have a good weekend!
      https://youtu.be/U4C0uBU6sMo

      Delete
    26. I will try if you do. It really is good to have you back...

      Delete
    27. Si, Senor Ray!!!! Vaya con Dios!!! 💟

      Delete
  3. Helluva party here last night, Ray Jay! Jay Ray...whatever Hey....lol
    but we sure left a mess all over your blog club floor, didn't we? Sheesh!
    look...pork rinds, popcorn....dixie cups....T-bone steak bones....(hey! at what
    point did you serve T-bone steaks, dude???! I didn't get any!)
    That was some good punch you made! At least after the moonshine
    was added. I'm still hic-cupping! haha Sorry things got a little wild there
    at the end...................I don't know what I was thinking........just been stuck in
    the house so long watching horror movies on CNN, I guess. I needed
    to let off some steam. (sorry about your lamp) BTW: have you seen my jeans???
    If this quarentine thingie keeps going, maybe we can do this again....I'll
    bring the old school music if you supply the T-bones, Tanqueray Gin and Asti Spumante! Gotta go back to bed now...oh, my aching head.....let me know if you
    find my jeans.....................lol (I'm a bbbbbbaaaadddd girl) Shhh! don't tell anybody!
    Sssssssssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.........* kicks a dixie cup and tiptoes out.......

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews