They like me! Oh no, they like me....

The things that come out of me

I woke days ago to a pain so great. To a reality so stark. To tears so familiar to flow. To find me at my mirrors soul. Tongue depressor of truth in hand. And when I opened my throat to say ahhh, what I heard next brought enlightenment and sadness.

Gone where the ways of my father who fought hard to deliver them.
Gone was the faith of my birth religion. Who's God departed me long ago.
Gone was civility from the people. It was contagious and now I've caught it.
Gone was a chance at a greater destiny. Revealed as a fake prophecy.
Gone was the need for rational. Chaos has won the battle and planted the flag.
Gone was my patience. I waited for a respite that never came.
Gone was my moment to make a difference. There never was truly another path.
Gone was my heart. But in it's place left heartache.
Gone was forgiveness. The wicked cannot forgive what they themselves produce.
Gone was my chance to be other than sorry. But for this opportunity to pontificate this message....

Let me clear my throat. Have mercy, I hope you don't mind.
I never seem to run out of words to say. My dreams give me infinite ways to express. My skill keeps pace with my delirium. I've run around and around the orchard but never bothered to see the fruit. So now I think it's time beyond time to say my peace.

Let me clear my throat. Have mercy, I hope you don't mind.
My enemies number in the very few. My friends vast, have weapons only for me. It's always the accidental, the unintended, the well-meaning bullets that pierces the armor. And the blood never seems to stop flowing. In the time that I have left let me speak my mind.

Let me clear my throat. Have mercy, I hope you don't mind.
Technology has come so far. But we've come so far back. I fought so hard and told to fight on. But the fight was never where I stood. Much like receiving the wrong frequency on the wrong battlefield. Just once longing to be on the right channel to speak the right words.

Let me clear my throat. Have mercy, I hope you don't mind.
I am so tired. I tried so hard. I've received so little. I've given so much. I don't want to anymore. I don't have anymore. I don't know why anymore. But I am driven to say this.

Let me clear my throat. Have mercy, I hope you don't mind.....

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Originality is what you in fact are full of, amongst other things... M.R.J. (not Mr. James) lol

    The truth in which you live your life is admirable for me to see perhaps not so much for you to live for there is much that cannot be repaid. It's a human flaw, and you are on the other side for most of it. It is unfortunate we don't get to pick and choose.

    I admire the flow of your words, as the words you say seem effortless yet wrought with heartache and wanting. I only hope to attain some understanding of what it is to be of another planet even if I never get to visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Sun rises are nothing spectacular but stars at night are to die for. Thank you

      Delete
  3. Let me clear my throat...............oh. my lord!!! Did not expect that!!!!
    lol You mixed sorrow with joy, bewilderment with clarity and threw in
    some crazy for good measure!!!! Amazing!!!! Just amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews