They like me! Oh no, they like me....

No shame in this game

 

Where did you leave it? On the table by the front door? On your nightstand? Did you once again leave it in the bathroom? You should check just outside the back door. You could at least look behind the refrigerator. A lot of things fall back there. Why should I checked my pockets? I know where mine is. If I didn't things will go much different between us. As many times as you've done things to me. If I had it I would've made sure you got it back. You didn't leave it with me. Where did you leave your shame?


Oh, I know you say you don't have it. Of course as you say you don't really need it. I know that you have it under control. I've heard all the things you say to convince yourself. But all things considered and considering I've been watching. Where is this place that you lost your shame.


But if you at least knew where it was you would know how to use it. More importantly you would know when to use it. Maybe, just maybe, this would all play out so much differently. If you only knew where you left it. If you could only go back and get it and use it and learn from it. I was on YouTube the other day. I watched a couple of news programs. Listened to a few podcasts. And it's a sure bet that society is now teaching that it's outdated. Be proud of this be proud of that.  Living your true this. Live for your true that. Your dreams are more important than anything, anyone, anywhere, anytime.


So it seems the popular thing is to put it down somewhere and just forget to ever pick it up again. Sure, sure sometimes it was used as a crutch. And sometimes it was overused. But it did serve a purpose. Kind of like a manual adjustment tool. One that kept the wheels rolling just a little bit straighter as this go-cart of life rattled downhill. But now with so many putting it aside and losing it, I'm not shocked to see carts off in the weeds turned over in ditches. No one seems to know why. If only, they had a little shame to motivate them to find out. But I know.


I've known you for a while. Always so proud. Always so sure. And above all else always so wrong. But you're no quitter! Never let misbehavior slow you down. Never let a negative character trait make you look twice. Never let your mistakes change who you think you are. By God, your no quitter! Damn the torpedoes!, Full speed ahead! The captain of the Titanic got into the history books by accident. But we both know there ain't no shame in your game and you can do better than accident.


Did you hear that? Did somebody over there just say arrogant, point at you and giggle?! The nerve. Don't they have any compassion? Can't they see that you've just misplaced your shame? What is this world come to? When an obviously self labeled great person such as yourself. Has to contend with all the little people that they've hurt and misjudged. Why if you had more time, you would just find that little place where you put it. And then, you would usher in a new Golden age of all the fantasies in your head brought to life. Well, maybe one day. When you feel like rooting around in your basement perhaps. To find that pesky trait of shame.


Where did you leave it? I know it's not around here somewhere. I've heard you talk about it before. I've even seen you pretend that you still had it. Check the kitchen sink? Maybe the garage? Okay, it could be stuck in the lint trap of the dryer.


I'm beginning to think that you purposely put it in the donation box for goodwill. As if those people didn't feel enough shame. There are people trying not to let shame track them under. Because they got so much from everyone in a donation. And now the cup runneth over with it. You need to have some. You need to use it with your other traits to help be a better person. Not just to me but to everyone. To think that you would send them what you yourself should have more of and then calling it a donation...


I am so ashamed of you........




Comments

  1. WOW!!!!!!!!! so much truth in this!!!! You're so right. People
    have no sense of shame anymore. Good is evil, evil, good and Heaven
    forbid you should be intolerable of ANYONE or ANYTHING no matter
    how twisted they are. Remember the old song The Freaks Come Out At Night?
    Well, they come out in broad daylight now and dare you to stare at them in their
    freakish, garish, outlandishness. As long as everyone "tolerates" perversion
    and ugliness, there's no reason to feel shame. As long as personal opinions are
    scorned and outlawed, who will point out the shamefulness that hits you in the face
    every time you open your eyes? No one. And the world will continue on in it's
    downward spiraling snowball of shame. Man, this write got me on my soap box!!!1
    Excellent work!!!!! Misplaced shame!!!! Denial of the Masses! When the Rulers are
    wicked, the wicked they rule will love them and praise them and feel safe. But let
    them look into the eyes of a truly righteous man just for a moment and watch their proud faces fall and their shameless mouths close in silence. Truth is a mirror only the innocent can stand to look into. Right? Right! Man, I be philosophizing , huh???? lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL okay Stone put down the gun. Nobody has to get hurt. I'm sure we can get them all to see it your way. But let's do it without the gunplay, shall we? I'm sure we can meet your demands. One helicopter to the airport. Check. One airplane with enough fuel to get to paradise. Check. We're still working on Brad Pitt when we get him please take him with our blessings.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews