They like me! Oh no, they like me....

A Clock


"Even a broken clock is right twice a day."
    Time is not linear. Although that's how we live it. It's how we perceive it. We are linear beings. But for some of us we acknowledge that time is not. We dwell in moments. We replay instances. We travel forward and dream up the future. All the while never leaving our present.

    I saw a possible future. I reversed time and tried to put my linear life on that track. I forgot the main ingredient. Other people did not have that same vision. I lost track. And now I'm out of time.

    Pessimist, optimist, pragmatist, even opportunist are all just ways to perceive time. But reading of time is a skill. So many never understand but two plus two equals four but what conclusion does that make? Draw things out to their inevitable conclusion. What will time tell you then?

    We are linear. Time is not. We are mortal and foolish. Time has no soul and is eternal. It weeps for no one waits for no one is aware of no one. In order to get to the time of your choosing, you must choose the right time. I did, but then I faltered and didn't keep up with the changing time. The choice was not a stagnant one. It was a moment to moment constant choice. And now I ride a black track.


What time is it where you are?

~~~~~~~~~
I recently told a friend who had apologized for hurting me, how much I adored the choices, the life, the place they occupied. I said it for them. I said it also for me. For even when we're hurt we need to remember that sometimes a person who hurts us does care about us. And it is good for the soul to make that concession in the midst of the pain. A little like "If you can't praise God when you're down why would he need you when you're up?"- A church Pastor

But to this, the friend recited how much they did not need my approval, my praise, or my thanks. But in the same breath said how good a friend they are and will always be there for me.

Now Junior space cadets. Draw that out to it's inevitable conclusion:
1. Fat chance that this person will ever see that they are insensitive.
2. Low probability that they could ever be a helpful friend.
3. Ingracious is not a word that they currently understand.
4. Pointing that out to them will lead to another opportunity for them to have to apologize for hurting.

Does everybody in the class understand what this will become? Yes, that's right space cadets a circle. A vicious and painful circle disguised by a bad interpretation of friendship.

This was not written for them. It was not written because of them. As many things that I've written, they all come from a well of things yet to write. This was one of them. It is because of people like this that I chose to pull it out of the well. But it was always there. Take from it what you will. Or take nothing and leave it to someone else, your choice.

Class dismissed.

Comments

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews