They like me! Oh no, they like me....

The eyes I saw first

Original post 5/24/17

The eyes I saw first

What I caught first were the eyes. I saw them before I saw anything. My impression stayed with them and worked its way out. I don't know what the artist was truly trying to portray. I saw the eyes then I saw myself. Then I was lost.

The artist stood proud before her work. I felt trapped in the frame. All I ever wanted was to be out there with everyone else. To be a part. Not be apart. So much color. So much life. So much pain.

The artists eyes showed me I may never look at anything without seeing my own chains. My own pains. On display, singular. Locked in a frame. There's no answer to this riddle no key to this frame. I am not the artist's purpose. I'm not the artist's words. But it was the eyes that I saw first.

I am in darkness and it's the eyes I saw before anything....

For Salkis Re
Whose eyes? The portrait or hers. Find her, see for yourself...

Comments

  1. I looked, incredibly beautiful. Her eyes are something else too. 🙂

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews