They like me! Oh no, they like me....

To all my......

Original post 5/13/17
To all my family, friends, lovers, and people I know. You are all the same. You are all guilty. 
Why am I here?


You climb to the top of Delphi to hear the wisdom of the oracle. But you do not listen. Why did I speak?

I defended you against all comers. No one surpassed me. You put yourself in danger. Why did I fight?

I eventually cheered for everything that you did or tried. You were unimpressed by my try. Why did I support?

I gave until the only thing left was my desire to give more. You squandered and threw back in my face all my gifts. Why did I sacrifice?

I spoke openly, I had no secrets, right or wrong I told you everything. You lied at every turn and every opportunity. Why was I honest?

Few I knew liked you. Fewer still who you knew you liked you. I stand stalwart as your biggest fan and you would roast me at the stake for my sins. Why was I loyal?

The why's circle around above me and below me like sharks in a Feeding Frenzy. Taking their bites from my psyche and my soul. Why am I never betrayer? Why am I betrayed? Why did I love you why did I trust you why did I believe in you why did I care why do I still care why, why, why.

Never an answer. Never another voice. Just me alone with Darkness and why's.
Why am I here.....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Playlist "Why should I Cry"~ Heather Headley
Why should I cry, one more night? Why should I smile, when it hurts inside? Why don't my heart say, get up and walk away? Why do I stay....

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews