They like me! Oh no, they like me....

Apophis, I'm not goanna make it

 Let's try for something truly crazy, disjointed and utterly incomprehensible.

~~~~~~~~~~~


Apophis is coming back. But I won't make it till 2068. Even now their rioting in the streets. Can't you hear it?, the sirens? I can't feel it anymore, you know. All the pores of my skin are blocked. It was easier to hide among them. But now they're even more lost than they ever were before. It comes upon them and like a whale in spasms they will take it all in their death throes. I was told, don't be caught outside! Don't lose connection! Don't change the channel! But I thought they needed me... I thought I needed them to need me... I thought I wanted them to need me.

The news reports are so bleak. The anchors have joined the riot. There truly is a fear of the walking dead. There truly is a pandemic. Can't you hear it?, the sirens? I quested outside my front door today. It almost took me. I almost turned in place and fell naked to the sidewalk. I couldn't see the light. I couldn't feel. I didn't know the way home. Blessed to find my way one more time. I find the archway, the portal to my own private abyss. I bolt my door and rest my back to the barricade. What now? Apophis is coming back and I won't make it.


In the news tonight were happy to report that the righteous have won. The people have chosen. Your free choice will now be given to you as per your wishes. We have struck a strong blow for the dictatorship of freedom! I as a newscaster a searcher of the truth have never been more proud than I am right now. The previous anarchy will now be replaced by the sanctimonious. The purge has begun and only those who have opinions that aren't sanctioned by the righteous will be punished.


It used to be easier to hide among them. They traveled like moats of dust in the currents. They were all so slow. Watching them go so far in cutting their own throats before noticing that the throat they cut was connected to their own heads. I thought I could hide. I thought I could be overlooked. I was... Until I wanted them to want me. Until they reached out at me with their dead hands. Dead words. Empty souls. I couldn't wash them off. I couldn't be clean. All my pores are blocked, I can't feel it anymore. Where's my anger? I did my best and I failed. Where's my sorrow? I watched them, like Keystone cops run from one group to another with the same club only to hit themselves on the head. Where's my laughter?


The CDC has not given a name to this new pandemic. All the experts agree that it came from everywhere as though it was already there. There doesn't seem to be a treatment. There doesn't seem to be a patient zero. The leaders of all the nations are in consensus that no amount of quarantine will help at this point. The symptoms seem universal. If your breathing, you more than likely have it. The leaders of your local state and government officials have decided against public announcements for the foreseeable future. But we all know it was them. Although they say it was us. But knowing them the way we do, we know the truth. The truth. And the truth is always what we say it is.....


I dream of immolation and fire. But I never feel the heat. I am very much immune to their pandemics. Their self designed. Self-administered. Gloriously spread, situational pandemic. They always were walking dead. No one living can be that blind. Curse me for wanting them! Curse me for needing the validation. Curse me for being left behind... But after all wasn't that the point? To leave me behind. Sentenced to live here in fear of the walking dead. Immune to their condition but cursed to feel a need that can never be. How long before they come for my neighbors? How long before my neighbors come for me? How close will I get to Apophis return? Will my people close the book on this chapter? Will they read this and see my sentence unkind and cruel? Will they for ever end the practice of planetary purgatory? Humans, highly evolved simeon primates. A galaxy wide joke. Because even a simeon would only throw his feces for so long before he stops.


Here, at this broadcast station. When we were wrong for so many years but now we are right. Which means in retrospect we where never wrong. Because we have the power and at the behest of the people we are retroactive. What was wrong before is now right. What you wanted before is now wrong. We have been given the power of your right. So now when you speak where we tell you to, you to are also, right. We are ushering in a new dawn. There will be respect and peace for everyone we choose. When we rise up to strike you down know in your heart that it is not us. With weapon in hand only see that it is them. Here at this broadcast station we uphold the highest values until the values we choose are spoken out against. And we will ensure that they do not get spoken out against. Although I have lived more than a few years. I have seen many things. But I can say with the honesty that we now control, I have never been more proud of what we have done. Good night, and may you have the day we scripted for you to have tomorrow....


I, I can't watch this. Win, lose, or draw this is a rape. A rape of logic and reason. No matter which side wins there is no win. No matter what needs to be done, no one's left to do it. This is a good reason to drink. This is a motivation to run screaming into the night. But as in all things sooner or later the drink runs dry. And all the screaming in the world will only take your voice quicker. At some point you'll have to sit down and face it. Apophis is coming back in 2068. And when he does the god of chaos will be very pleased. And I will be very gone...

~~~~~~~~~~


Uhm... Let me see. Did I get it all down? Are you shaking your head? Did the reset button on your intellect just take a dump? Did your resistance to compassion prompt you to go watch the next episode of the Gilmore girls? Uhm... If you made it down here, are you still sane? In 2068 the asteroid Apophis is once again scheduled to grace our orbital track around the sun. It didn't come for me on the last pass. So it's unlikely that it will be coming for me in the next. Too bad the same can't be said for you guys......



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews