They like me! Oh no, they like me....

Thunder

 What does November mean to me?

strike.


Innocently mundane


Strike.


Quietly, hopefully, coming together


Strike..


Sidelong glances, whispered words, hushed tones


Strike...


Unfinished sentences, polite curses


Strike!


Lies


Na, Na, Na, Na, faster and faster! More laughter more laughter! Piled on piled on the calliope hits its stride!


Life is a highway the yellow tick marks are a blur. The rumble strips play a pounding rhythm to my skull.


Thunder! Na, Na, Na, Na, faster and faster! So much pain to get through so little time. Not even time to rhyme.


Thankful?! Na, Na, Na, Na, I hate turkey. I can't eat my own. I hide from missionaries, the nuns, well wishes.


Plunder! Na, Na, Na, Na, demons come to take me. Driven, driven, driven over me! No surrender. No escape. No mercy. Plunder!


Touch her! Na, Na, Na, Na, I never did. Reach her. I never could. Miss her. I always will. I was born, in a cold womb left alone. Left alone is my home.

Wonder! Na, Na, Na, Na, faster and faster the voices all speak at once. Pity the ones who talk the loudest. Prayer of thanks to the ones who never get heard. Resonating tones the coming together of all the impressions. Resonating in an underlying chant of anguish.

Na, Na, Na, Na, what does November mean to me? Pain slap abandon lie secrets deceit fantasy broken tears cry twisted mangled distraught overlooked uncared unfriended undressed destroyed taken apart disassembled melted mutated aborted misshapen abomination termination uncaring nation deviation exhaustion....

Slowing. Na, Na, Na, Na, leaving the stage in one's and two's. Turning back to the mic but never turning a back to the truth. Slowly, slowly, the tempest ripped through me the damage done at me. Withering weeping holding the stage for lack of a better place to go. Spent, not from lack of, but from lack of strength to display it.

Strike!

Falling to my knees

Strike.

Not able to bend not able to break

strike.

What November means to me?

strike

December's coming.........

Comments

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews